Jake Paul Destroys Nate Diaz - What Really Happened!?!?!

You’re wrong here. Nate tools Paul in mma much easier than Paul beat him in boxing.

2 Likes

i just don’t see it…

weight classes exist for a reason and Nate was always a middle road 55’er at his best…

but, whatever…

i get the hero worship…

Not hero worship at all. I dislike the Diaz brothers buy admire their toughness. A good example is Randy/James Tony. In mma Tony didn’t have a chance. It’s different sports and skills don’t directly crossover. Nate is no longer a top mma fighter but he’s miles ahead of Paul in mma.

2 Likes

randy and tony is apples to typewriters…

pick a better example…

I agree. Nate was able to clinch Paul at will and use it to tire him out at points. With longer rounds and knees & elbows allowed, I don’t see Paul going very far with Diaz in an MMA fight.

2 Likes

Disagree as Tony was all-time great boxer where’s Paul a club fighter at best. Randy was a great mma guy, but Nate was very good. Just as Conor had no realistic chance at beating Mayweather Nate was outclasses by by a guy that not even a pro boxer. In boxing boxers will always win and in mma mma fighters will always win. It’s more to do with the sport than the skills of either guy.

tony was an over the hill fat out of shape all time boxer going against an over the hill legitimate wrestler…

paul is an average boxer at best who is young, in shape, is a much better wrestler than nate, way smarter than nate, and way bigger than nate, and just a better athlete…

already seen nate get pieced up on the feet and distance totally controlled…

butt scooting is the only path to victory for nate and he has little to no chance to get him to the ground outside a bananna peel being thrown in the ring…

i just don’t see it…

1 Like

You’re missing the number one factor. Paul has never fought even one mma fight. Nate is a veteran and still pretty good. It’s really not even fair to Paul to be in this fight.

2 Likes

like i said, i get the hero worship…

nate was a mid level mma guy at best, way past his prime, can’t wrestle a lick, and way too small…

jake has wrestled, proven to be somewhat of an actual athlete, proven too intelligent to fall for nate’s antics, proven he can piece him up on the feet, andf has done enough training to avoid a silly jump to gaurd white belt submission…

i just don’t see it…

you don’t have to agree, i am totally ok with it…

1 Like

How could anyone come away from that fight and think that Nate has “good boxing skills?” These MMA/Paul fights should make people realize now that boxing in an MMA fight is completely different. Nate looked like dog shit. Linear movement, little head movement, jab looked bad and he rarely used it despite a length advantage, zero speed, zero power. After watching the fight the perception will be that Paul is a stud when in reality it should be how average he is considering he couldn’t finish Nate.

2 Likes

i only caught the fight from 4th round on a facetube feed, but…

didn’t jake have him badly damaged in the first?

isn’t jake all about promotion and making money?

isn’t the real goal to prop up nate and beat him up again in an MMA match in the PFL which all these forum nerds who talk all the shit absolutely will buy?

i feel like that fight went exactly like jake wanted it to go…

Lets say everything you just said is true. If this is the case then it means Nate’s toughness can be bought and that is just as bad if not worse for a fighter who best selling point is just how bad of a man he is.

Any time Nate does his normal tough guy act anyone can say “Nate im rich. Ill give you money to calm down” and deep down that would eat at him.

I actually thought he was going to beat him much worse than he did. Was Nate even busted up? He bleeds if you blow on him. There was no reason for Jake not to win that fight. He was bigger, faster, stronger, and younger with more experience as a pro. Before long, he’s gonna have to start taking real fights or certain athletic commissions will have a problem with his experience vs a fighter with little to no experience as a pro boxer.

1 Like

my granpappy used to say you can shear a sheep many times but only skin them once…

the nerds will break the internet buying that MMA ppv…

it will be glorious…

those paul brothers have this game figured out and have for many years…

2 Likes

In my opinion he has decent skills/technique but his hand speed is really slow. In boxing speed is the #1 component so no matter how good your skills are your a dead duck to speedy guys. He has been very successful in mma and his striking has been a big component.

The problem with this is Paul loses to any of the better guys in boxing, as shown by his loss to Fury. It wasn’t really a close fight. He’s found his nitch by fighting washed up mma guys and celebrity fights. As long as people are willing to pay for these subpar boxing exhibitions he’ll get rich.

2 Likes

Nearly everything in your OP is wrong.

• Nate lost, but came out looking great. Just like he has in most, if not all, of his recent MMA losses. His “stock” is just fine. Nearly every article about the fight shows that.
  • You seem to have no idea why people watch Paul fight. It’ll be the same reason they’ll watch the MMA matchup, to see him lose.
  • Nobody got “destroyed.” You sound like a 13yo saying that.
  • He left the UFC to get paid more and start a promotion, and he did. Where did you get the idea he did it to “market himself?”
  • Who GAF who has “the right to fight” Nate in MMA? This isn’t a match for MMA fans, just like saturday wasn’t for boxing fans. These fights are for casuals and if real fans watch too, even better for them. Nate did’t have “the right” to get the boxing match either, by your logic. Conor hasn’t earned “the right” to fight the majority of his opponents, and certainly not to box Mayweather. Nobody cares
3 Likes

he was “rich” before he started doing this…

I haven’t really followed his career. What did he do to become rich?

Nate’s only a mid level MMA guy? Do you mean mid level in the UFC? He may not be the world’s best but he’s definitely towards the top of the world’s MMA Fighters.