Jake Paul in talks with the PFL?

1 Like

I think it would be awesome if he fought a smaller boxer in mma. Peoples heads would explode!

5 Likes

Doubt Paul signs with them as he could just do his own PPV and get paid more than what PFL can offer. Why would Paul go and make a fraction of what he can make on his own. Shit he can wait for Francis, Nate and a few others to become free agents and do his own MMA PPV.

3 Likes

Pfl doesnā€™t even do ppv?

Exactly. Heā€™s just keeping his name in headlines and the forums. Hate him, love him, whatever. Heā€™s obviously putting time in in the gym, and heā€™s been a business genius, marketing himself :man_shrugging:t2:

Well heā€™s clearly doing it to give a promotion not ran by Dana some shine. They probably have a beatable opponent with a somewhat recognizable name he wants too (I canā€™t see him fighting a regional up and comer), and would be willing to co-promote.

The UFC has Dana, will try to feed him to someone legit, and wouldnā€™t co-promote.

Given this criteria, he needs to find a Japanese pro wrestler and fight on New Years for Rizin against a pro wrestler if this is the route heā€™s taking.

Nice ass

i can see the appeal for him. if he does not need the money (we assume hes got DGAF money) then fighting the the PFL would legitimise him more towards being a ā€œrealā€ fighter than a YouTuber who does celebrity boxing matches.

but why when he can do a PPV MMA card, and make 10x and fight the same guy that he would on the PFL card?

IF he does a deal with PFL you know Dana is in on it with Paul and his manager which may be the case. UFC gave him front row seats to events and pauls manager knows damn well that PFL is in bed with the UFC behind the scenes. So if he goes there, then you know its all theater and nothing more as far as that feud goes.

Jake Paul vs. Rory Mac

Hes just doing this to troll Dana and try to create a rift between Egg and ESPN

PFL is honestly a shit show. When HS football has priority over your program then you know youā€™re doing something wrong.

If he wins ā€˜anyā€™ MMA fight his marketability, name, brand will multiply ten fold.
PFL could pay him 2-3 million, he gets to keep his sponsors and maybe even co-promote the thing. If his goal is marketability (it is) then itā€™s his best option IMO

Already kicks better than any Diaz

its all theatre already which i cant help but love. im not sure putting on his own MMA/Boxing events will be as lucrative as we think especially when all the event staff, venue and equipment are payed. the PFL would be taking the cost/risk on all that stuff. plus if he does his own promotion heā€™ll never get away from ā€œhe cherry picks his opponentsā€. if he wants to be considered a legit fighter and not risk a ton of cash on being a fight promoter too, then signing with the PFL seems like a good move. either way im here for it, whichever way it goes.

PFL will allow him to continue to fight guys in lower weight classes?

They almost broke 10,000 buys