Jake Paul's plans of "exposing" UFC level striking against Woodley

Striking in a striking match is very different that striking in mma. They are not the same.

3 Likes

Another stupid fight, call out an even smaller fighter on a losing streak

I donā€™t think the youtube and tick tock fans who tune into this stuff care about records or weight classes.

2 Likes

Itā€™s all about big money fights, not technical skills. Boxing used to know this, now they donā€™t.

Jake and Logan are cashing in on what old boxing and wrestling promoters used to do. Set up heat based on personalities and create sense of animosity, larger than life personalities, and make lots of money.

2 Likes

It will say something about the UFC if recent champ Woodley is beaten by a YouTuber. Yeah, I know MMA-fighters arenā€™t boxers, neither is this dude from the Disney Channel or whatever it was.

Its hosted by Showtimeā€¦ not triller

Iā€™m betting big on Jake

If Jake stands within arms reach of Tyron for more than second or two, hes gonna realise he made a huge mistake challenging one of the best welterweight champions in UFC history. I think people are sleeping on Tyrons power. Silly mistake. But then, fight fans, especially casual fans, are fickle at best and have extremely short memories.

I refer you the follwing KOs, Jay Heirion, Don hyun kim, Josh Koscheck, Robbie Lawler.
I know time has passed since those wins, and back to back losses at the tail end of his career has left Tyron, not quite the fighter he used to be, but make no mistake, power is the last thing to go in an aging fighter and Tyron is no joke. He was the UFC champion for a reason.
I hope , for his sake, that Jake Paul has not taken Tyron lightly, otherwise, weā€™re gonna see him get seriously hurt.

Drake Reaction GIF by DJ Khaled

1 Like

I agree. But a chin is still a chin. And Tyron knows how to connect. There are differences in boxing striking and MMA striking, but Tyron is a very explosive, fast striker. He may not be a conventional boxing style striker, but it will be night and day compared to what Jake faced last time. This is not like Askren, who was a terrible striker. He really better make sure he crossed all the Tā€™s and dotted all the Iā€™s for this one. Im not hating on Jake Paul, in honesty, im excited to see what he can actually do against a real striker. I just dont think its gonna be a simple as everyone seems to think. Real possibility of the Jake Paul hype train being de-railed. Dont say i didnt warn you.

1 Like

I want Tyron to win. That being said, being explosive isnā€™t necessarily helpful when youā€™re kept at range due to a good jab.

And Tyron is now somehow a ā€œreal strikerā€ and not actually a wrestler turned MMA fighter who is taking one boxing match?

Well, having won multiple fights with striking, i would say yes he is. What do you consider to be a striker? He has knocked out far more people than Jake has. Whilst Askren has knocked out about the same amount of people as my mother.

A striker is someone who has an actual background in striking, which Tyron does not. Tyron only learned to strike for the purposes of MMA. His combat background outside of MMA is only wrestling.

Itā€™s arguable Tyronā€™s downfall in MMA was abandoning the threat of the takedown and falling in love with his hands.

Against Paul, Tyron is stuck only using his hands which have failed him for 4 fights in a row.

T-Wood is 100% losing this fight

How good is this Jake guys boxing? Ive seen him box one time and that was against Askren.Does he have any amateur experience like Golden Gloves?

With less than 5 pro boxing matches he can`t be all that great yet.

Jake wins

I want to bet Jake inside the distance but that option isnā€™t available yet

Heā€™s won fights via striking because of the threat of wrestling that set up the strikes. Heā€™s going to try the big overhand a few times and when it doesnā€™t end the fight heā€™s going to melt. Without the threat of wrestling, the only threat Tyron can use to set up the overhand is another mix tape

This is spot on.