James Krause vs. Alex White

Up next.. I got Krause

Krause

What did yanasaki say half way through rd 1?

Uniquely boring, and I love wrestling.

How was this fight ?

White lit him up on the feet, then Krause would work very hard for a take down, do zero damage and rarely get off a shot, but ride out most of each round.

StretchPlum - White lit him up on the feet, then Krause would work very hard for a take down, do zero damage and rarely get off a shot, but ride out most of each round.
That makes me sad. I thought Krause would do better standing.

Krause was getting lit up on the feet. So he resorted to that old vaginal technique called Lay and Pray.  And of course the judges count the lay and pray far more than they do the “Busted his face up” style.  

Krause is a boring ass fighter.  He got his ass handed to him.  

bobby14 - 
StretchPlum - White lit him up on the feet, then Krause would work very hard for a take down, do zero damage and rarely get off a shot, but ride out most of each round.
That makes me sad. I thought Krause would do better standing.

He apparently has improved his striking, but his defense was very poor. He started landing some very strong jabs, but would not keep his left hand up and got mildly rocked repeatedly. His takedowns were not clean either. It was a very tough win.

NBKfanforlife -

Krause was getting lit up on the feet. So he resorted to that old vaginal technique called Lay and Pray.  And of course the judges count the lay and pray far more than they do the “Busted his face up” style.  

So by your standards he should've played his game and lose...This is fucking MMA. I laugh at these keyboard coaches telling a pro fighter how to approach a fight.

NeganAndersdottir -
NBKfanforlife -

So by your standards he should've played his game and lose...This is fucking MMA. I laugh at these keyboard coaches telling a pro fighter how to approach a fight.

Any chance u are usada compliant yet?

Judges should be allowed to diferentiate between defensive control which this was (stop getting beat up but would never win a fight just prolong it), and offensive control which is clearly working towards or achieving a fight winning move. Bullshit decision which even with current scoring should have gone the other way.

Krause played the game to get the W.  I can appreciate that even though Alex was a teammate of mine and was pulling hard for him.   What I don’t like is even while maintaining some ground control Krause was getting battered in the first round from the bottom.  

That seems to always be a gray area with MMA judges.  Guy controls the position on the ground transitioning from full to half to full mount but doesn’t try finishing and doesn’t do any real damage.  Meanwhile the fighter on the ground, although he can’t stand up, he’s still landing better and more significant strikes while being controlled.  

Its like the NFL catching rules.  Yeah, per the rules you won the round but per the eyesballs of the people there and watching on tv you didn’t really do much but survive while being in control doing so.