Jared Cannonier says he is more famous than rich, but new UFC contract could flip that balance

Well he’s not that famous, so he must be really poor.

I hope Jared becomes rich and doesn’t squander his money

3 Likes

Top notch athlete, I enjoy watching him compete, he’s 37. He’s not gonna go on a 4 year run with the belt (that he hasn’t won yet). More power to him, hopefully he can open a good gym.

Pulling for him to pull a Glover

1 Like

He’s the type of guy I’d like to see get better $. I’ve said it on other threads…the champs make a ton of $, many of them getting anywhere from $2-5M per fight. Then the guys like Jared are getting “six figures” per fight. He’s ranked number 2 in the world, won 5 out of his last 6 fights with 2 of those being main events…yet he’s excited about 100K per fight?

I get that it’s not chump change, but there should be something in between $100-200K per fight and $2M per fight. Champs should get paid more, but it shouldn’t be like $2M for a champ, and $200K for the next guy down the rankings. If you have a long UFC career, headline shows and fight for the title, you should be able to make more than $100-200K per fight in my opinion.

IDGAF about what the new guys get paid, or even most of the unranked guys…if there was one change to the payscale, I’d love for it to be those top 5-10 guys that are valuable to the company, but not champions.