Javier Mendez (AKA owner) should take a step back right now with Khabib's crew

Javier works almost exclusively with Khabib’s crew now and doesn’t do anything with his other fighters.

Abdulmanap has helped shape Khabib 90 percent and AKA the remaining 10 percent.

Javier doesn’t do anything but hold the pads at this point, and has admitted such, and they have much better striking coaches in Dagestan.

Khabib is just too loyal and is letting Javier get the credit as head coach when he and his father have shaped all these Dagestani killers.

I know one thing: he'll continue that legacy': Khabib coach says UFC champ  will take on mantle of late father Abdulmanap's work — RT Sport News

Javier is a good coach, but this is Eagles MMA.

1 Like

What are Javier’s credentials? Does he have a fighting background himself?

I think Javier is a really honest and a really good guy. He’s basically admitted that eagles mma is really khabib. Khabib would have been champion even if he never stepped foot in AKA.

Khabib is really loyal. Good for them both.

I’m glad Javier is making money. He probably still wasn’t making a lot money when he was with Velasquez.

I’m happy for all of Javier’s success.

3 Likes

He fought American kickboxing years ago.

I think he actually fought in strikeforce before they ever even ran mma events. I’m pretty sure strikeforce used to be a kickboxing organization.

I think he was the matchmaker in strikeforce as well.

1 Like

Javier is a good person and coach but he should focus on his own fighters not Abdulmanaps.

He was a kickboxer. He’s good with MMA and did teach Khabib a bit along with DC and Cain, but I mean now it’s at the point where he’s doing so little for Eagles he shouldn’t be in a head coaching position, plus theres a lot of fighters in the San Jose area who could use him.

In making the most baseless of statements, nothing could be more baseless than the OP. I mean try to put some effort into being subtle. This is just way over the top. I mean Frank Shamrock, Luke Rockhold, Cain, DC, Khabib, Islam.

A glorified pad holder. I mean it’s funny in a way, but, just way too much. Too thick. You got to tone it down and come up with something better. Have you tried calling anyone? Going outisde? There’s got to be a way for you to get your attention craving beyond this forum.

There’s attention for you beyond this forum somewhere. Think outside the box, and go get that attention you so desperately seek.

3 Likes

AKA’s winning percentage is nowhere near Eagle’s.

The numbers speak for themselves.

AKA fell off since Bob Cook took a step back. They used to build fighters from the ground up.

1 Like

OP nut hugs Eagles.

Who the fuck are you to say what they should be doing? They obviously respect his contributions or they wouldn’t be working with him or cutting a percent his way.

That you, Javier?

You can tell when someone has never even considered stepping into a real mma gym, even for a 1 time free trial class, because they have no idea what happens in an mma gym and what it takes to train it seriously.

They talk brash and with complete disrespect. We know exactly who I am referring to.

2 Likes

I know so much about MMA I picked THE ROUND

Who gives a shit that you called the round??I’ll bet you are a lot of fun at parties. Telling everyone how smart and cool you are.

1 Like

Conor Mcgregor Who The Fuck Is That Guy GIF - Conor Mcgregor Who The Fuck  Is That Guy Ufc - Discover & Share GIFs

You wouldn’t get everyone to change how they feel about you right away, but you would for sure gain instant respect from a lot of people. You just have to have a conversation with yourself. No need to reply to this post. I’m saying this. You obviously are an mma fan. More than the average person based on how often I see you here.

Why be just satisfied with that? Think about this, if you tell yourself that going to an mma gym one time, is more couragous than never going, start to build some interest and want. Let this seed grow, and seriously think about it.

It can seem scary, but I assure you it won’t be a situation where you are thrown to the wolves and beat up. Gyms don’t work that way. Many times they don’t let people fight who want to unless they have trained for a while and have earned that trust. Typically someone’s first time at a gym, they are very welcomed.

It’s not often new people show themselves. It’s usually the same people training so when a new face pops in, you are very welcome. And someone like you who actually has some mma knowledge and context, you would have enthusiasm and it would be refreshing for the same old gym heads to have that renewed enthusiasm.

You won’t be asked to do anything major, just simple basic stuff. The only hurt that will happen will just be tired from working muscles you aren’t used to working. No one will expect you to be a killer. But if you can manage to be somewhat consistent, you will have no doubt that the new training version of you, would mop the floor with your old non trained self. And that’s a really cool feeling.

I urge you to have a seed planted, tell yourself that perhaps there is a good chance I am right, and that you actually would get something out of it and feel good for stepping out of your comfort zone.

It’s okay if you’re not ready now. But think about it. Maybe just find a gym near you and do a quick pop in just to watch. Then ask about a free trial and I am positive you will not regret it.

1 Like

This guy has actually fought mma and spent most of his life in combat sports.

I will second the above post. You obviously are a fan or I would not bother fuckin with you. If you haven’t trained….do. It changes lives. Doesn’t have to be mma either. Do bjj or Muay Thai.

1 Like