Jedrzejczyk suggests contract renegotiations before ending her 19-month hiatus from UFC

Nothing like losing 4 out of the last 6 to bring the moneybags out.

6 Likes

She’s delusional and at this point who gives a shit if she ever fights again? I never witnessed a woman completely change her personality and technique degrade like her.

She was once awesome, moved to ATT and went sown hill in every category.

6 Likes

Her skills went down? What fights were you watching?

1 Like

lol at anyone buying a PPV card to watch a girl fight…

6 Likes

I don’t like cHick fights usually, but if anyone deserves ppv points its Joanna. Always throws down and puts her chin on the line. Pay her a lil bit more, not gonna break the bank dana.

6 Likes

Joanna is an elite fighter and I think she’s worth it.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised if she ended up being cut down the line. Turning down multiple fights meanwhile demanding more money probably gives Dana a huge headache. She’s not as big of a star as she thinks she is and her division has passed her up years ago.

3 Likes

Season 8 Nbc GIF by The Office

3 Likes

Never going to happen unless it is their close friends or family

1 Like

If I remember correctly, sometimes turning down fights extends the UFC contracts and the UFC often uses that to their advantage.

1 Like

She moves my needle the same way that the Diaz bros move it.

… wait… what?

1 Like

I agree she should be paid less

BKFC followed by OF, here she comes

She’s so full of her self she can’t see that she’s closer to being cut than receiving ppv points.

5 Likes

I’d 100/100 times sooner watch Joanna lose than someone like Holly Holm “win” by kicking the air and kiai’ing for 5 straight rounds of Albuquerque touch butt.

6 Likes

Probably because of their similar physiques.

2 Likes

I dont think that’s Joanna’s preferred fight style or gameplan. I think she prefers like a Tecia Torres or Jessica Andrade type fights against her. It’s when fighters like Rose and Zhang storm her castle guns blazing that Joanna responds as such. So Joanna can be her share of technical grinds

I find her overall approach to contract negotiations to be insane, but the UFC’s contract structure tends to create situations like this. She was champion for 5 successful defenses before losing to Rose, and the UFC always says stuff like “we never make people go backwards, they’re never going to make less” yet Joanna is definitely making less now without the PPV points.

I get that it’s something most often paid to champions, but she’s been in 3 more title fights since losing the belt and lost razor thin decisions to Rose and Zhang…either one of those fights could have gone her way…and you have to admit, it’s pretty odd when you consider the fact that if one judge scored one round a different way vs Zang, she would have been looking at potentially a million more dollars for her next fight.

She’s certainly not negotiating from a position of strength, but it’s crazy that Joanna vs Zhang was one of the top 3-5 fights of the year, and how it was scored determined whether or not she’d be making a few hundred thousand in her next fight, or a million plus. I get the frustration.

3 Likes

Regarding the UFC pay structure and judges’ decisions costing upwards of a million dollars. I feel bad for Dominick Reyes. I thought he beat Jon Jones but it was pointed out that in Texas the scoring criteria was overwhelming skewed toward an advancing fighter even as they are outstruck going forward. Joanna made her money (also I think she lost both the Zhang and Rose fights). Or for example Petr Yan can earn the money back from his DQ loss. But with how Reyes career is falling apart, he will probably never earn that possibly life changing money he couldve had in the Jones PPV rematch with buys and endorsements from being a Hispanic champion who beat one of the goats.

yes, 100%. It was a close fight, and if it was scored his way, his life is different. We’re talking multiple millions of dollars different. That’s been my biggest issue with the UFC’s pay scale. It’s not the pay for new guys, its not the pay for the stars…it’s the guys that are just a step below…the guys like Alexander Gustaffson who almost won the belt twice, but never did…or guys like Wonderboy Thompson, Thiago Santos…or any number of contenders who didn’t quite get there.

Champs are making millions, the guys jut below them are making less than 250K in most cases. Or shit, call it 400K even…it’s still way less. It’s still good money, but we’re talking like 20% or less of what the champs make, and if the judges cost a guy a win, it can truly be the difference between whether or not the guy has to get a real job after fighting or not.

Look at the Reyes example. If the decision goes his way, the PPV $ from the rematch would have been crazy…plus the UFC would have signed him to a big deal, thinking he’s their next star. Dude would have been undefeated, and beat the GOAT in his 13th fight. He’d make millions in the rematch, and even if he loses, we’d be looking at a trilogy most likely. I’d guess that decision cost him $4-5M.

His last fight against Prochazka, he made a disclosed $256K. I’m guessing he made more than that, but it wasn’t millions…and if the guy that came within a whisker of beating the GOAT is making $250-400K per fight, WTF is the 10th ranked guy in the world making?