Jeff Collins (Judge Who Scored 30-27 Diego) Thread

What are his qualifications?

I tried to research him, but I couldn't find much online.

If anyone has any pics, links, etc. on Jeff Collins, please share. I'd like to learn more.

Please tell me this isn't him: https://www.usadojo.com/biographies/jeff-collins.htm Phone Post 3.0

TTT Phone Post 3.0

It was a horrible decision. One of the worst calls I've seen in a while. Maybe he had a bad vantage point, which can be a reason for getting some rounds wrong, but this wasn't close IMO.

Shouldn't the DOJ or state AG investigate this shit? It is criminal. He can't be that stupid. Phone Post 3.0

here is a police artists depiction of himhttp://www.blindbobs.com/images/bob.gif

Jesus KO'd stayrad - Why would you want pix of him Phone Post 3.0
So I can tell him what I think about him if I see him. Phone Post 3.0

he has experience

http://www.mmadecisions.com/judge/46/Jeff-Collins

First fight I put a decent sized bet on in a while and I get totally screwed. Not worth betting on mma until judging improves. Phone Post 3.0

Tiresias -

Perhaps he is a Judging Genius, and we just can't understand his brilliance.

Yep. In the second round, Pearson lost because he dropped Diego twice, but Diego got up twice. So that cancels out. Phone Post 3.0

. Phone Post 3.0

I haven't watched the fight yet, but lol at giving the round to the guy who got dropped twice Phone Post 3.0

I have a hard time believing that someone stupid enough to score the fight the way he did can operate a pen well enough to fill out the card.

I would be surprised to find out that he didn't recently get out of debt. Phone Post 3.0

Anyone got any records of his other fights? I remember reading all about Adelaide Bird's fights.. Her list is amazingly bad Phone Post 3.0

QuadAces - I have a hard time believing that someone stupid enough to score the fight the way he did can operate a pen well enough to fill out the card.

I would be surprised to find out that he didn't recently get out of debt. Phone Post 3.0

I found a pic on sherdog of what actually happened

He also had a fucked up card for Kos/Pierce. Phone Post 3.0

Split decisions happen, but when 3 judges see it 3 completely different ways it boggles my mind. I mean, a split decision in a fairly close fight that goes 29-28, 28-28 & 29-28, I deal with it.

But when the is scored 30-27, 27-30 & 29-28 for the fighter that officially won, my head hurts. Why such different scores?

Now, there's no doubt that Sanchez is a fan and company favorite, but it wasn't just my opinion that he lost. It seems that he lost in the minds of the vast majority of fans and the tv commentators, one of those commentators being a former UFC fighter and current employee that fought multiple title fight as a contender when he was an active fighter.

I'll freely admit that I haven't had the chance to look up the opinion of other UFC or other pros on who they felt won as well as Dana's opinion. I haven't heard yet because I've been laid up with a stomach bug and haven't been reading much, but Dana isn't shy even he thinks the judges fucked up. Hell, his message to all fighters is to never leave the decision up to the idiots.

It's just that those 3 random scores are fucking so random that it boggles my mind. I swear that anytime the judges hand in score cards hand in cards so different, they should be pulled aside and asked to defend their scores and made to see their notes (if available) and possibly, in fights with championship implications, made to watch the fight again without the crowd noise. I know how long it would delay a decision, but if prefer to have it be a correct decision that fucked up.

Maybe have 3 alternate, but completely anonymous judges score the fight to compare to the official scorecards to try to really sniff out shenanigans.

I know all of my solutions would never work, I'm just venting. Phone Post 3.0

Did he mix up who he was marking?! Phone Post 3.0

Im so glad Kenny stuck to his guns with the robbery comments. Rogan would have been back tracking like mad to make the decision seem ok.

MMAtador - Don't leave the other turd out who gave Diego 29-28 which is beyond wrong also Phone Post 3.0
True, but round two is not even in the realm of debate. Phone Post 3.0

I've often thought that the solution is to have five judges. It lessens the probability that two judges will screw it up. Phone Post 3.0