Jeff Curran has signed with Strikeforce

by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Oct 20, 2009 at 5:15 pm ET

Recent WEC competitor and Chicago-area fighter Jeff Curran (29-12-1) has signed with Strikeforce and will appear on the preliminary card of the organization's Nov. 7 event.

Curran announced his participation via Facebook on Tuesday.

The upcoming Strikeforce event takes place just outside Chicago at the Sears Centre. The night's main card airs on CBS.

No opponent has been determined for the fighter.

Curran, who operates his Curran Martial Arts facility in Crystal Lake, Ill., left the WEC this year after four consecutive losses in the organization. Curran, though, faced some of the WEC's top fighters, including Mike Brown and Urijah Faber, during that stretch.

Prior to the current skid, Curran had posted 15 victories in a 16-fight stretch from 2004 to 2007. He's competed in organizations ranging from the UFC to PRIDE to the IFL during his 12-year career.

Curran is also scheduled to fight at an XFO event on Dec. 5.

what weight is this at? didn't know strikeforce was doing any sub 155 lb weight classes

thats what i was wondering. either move up in weight or they're gonna add lower classes and bring some guys over from dream

they are doing 155 plus they have dream fighters they could use i wouldnt mind seeing a fight with  hansen 

we know they're doing 155 genius. thats why they have 2 champs right now. curran fought at 145 and his last one was at 135. i say bring Warren over to fight him. or test him against Bibiano.

bongwater7654 - they are doing 155 plus they have dream fighters they could use i wouldnt mind seeing a fight with  hansen 

prolly a dumb question but has hellboy fought in a cage? i dont think he has...but still would be interesting...

i'd love to see him and yamamoto 2. that'd be a good rematch

if hansen could make it to 145, but i doubt he'd drop to that weight. Hansen vs Curran, "i'd buy that for a dollar."

Unless Curran sets the judges up against Hansen, he doesn't have a chance in hell.

ttt for Jeff Curran