Jeff Monson Vs. Marcio Cruz ?

PDP by backsurf

"Monson has already "beaten" Cruz TWICE in subgrappling"

Actually Cruz has beaten Monson twice, once at ADCC in Brazil and the other the infamous 'win' at the Arnold's. Monson had a win in between the two losses as well by guard pass or advantage I believe

"How did PDP beat Monson? "

By being gay and tapping out to a can opener, then complaining that it was illegal, althought clearly stated that a can opener can be used to break guard but not to submit. But since Cruz "submitted" Monson, was DQ'ed. Then Cruz celebrated like he won the 100 meter dash in the Olympics.

White347LX "What has Monson done which makes him anything special?
His record shows losses against decent fighters and wins over nobodies,
except Tim Lajcik. I mean come on, Ricco Rodriguez KO'd him!

DIDN'T RODRIGUEZ ALSO KO ANDREI ARLOVSKY? (i hope i am not wrong
here.... Sherdog is down....) If I am wrong, sorry.

I hope Cruz can push the fight late and gas Monson out. That will give Cruz a good shot at winning.

Ricco TKO'd Monson and Arlovski there were not KO's in either matches.I see Jeff maybe KOing PDP and that would be so great!

The simple redneck fans will be booing their drunken hearts out during this match. Two BJJ/grapplers trying to submit each other for 15 mins will frighten and annoy those who want just want to watch boxing with really small gloves.

Monson all the way!

I like both of them, because they're their 'own' person. PdP with his antics and Monson with his awesome political affiliation.

I just hope it's a good fight, and the better more active fighter wins.

Monson by GNP

Monson has improved a LOT...He's legit and I think will take the W.

Monson will destroy Cruz! Should be interesting.

TTT for "Piece of Bread"

"This time, the can opener is legal"

Can openers are legal?

Are you sure?

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=LearnUFC.Rules

Can openers don't seem to be specifically prohibited by the rules outlined above.

just keep yer drawers on this time if u lose, jeff

"He has a chance but I dont see him winning."

That's what people said about him against Mir.. me included.

Heres the deal with PDP vs Monson.

PDP pulled guard on Monson.

Monson locked the "Can-opener".

The rules state that the only position that the "can-opener" can be applied is in closed guard.

At this point, PDP opened his guard and tapped out.

This technicaly means that PDP won ONLY by bad rulings.

Monson actualy tapped him out and PDP knows this as everyone else knows this. It was just a "glitch" in the rules, Thats all.

I am thinking of betting on Pedra Pano because of the odds. But many ppl are forgetting that he was a good amature boxer as well and having the reach advantage he might do pretty good standing as well.