Jens Pulver and Urijah at 2022 Fight Week

This is a cool pic I took this summer of some Lighter Weight Pioneers of the sport.

Urijah was there on stage for a panel and one of his old rival Jens happened to be walking by in the crowd. It was cool that Urijah ended by saying on the mic that the UFC HOF has been overdue with giving Jens a well deserved induction into it. Jens really does deserve some better treatment or recognition by the company.

In his Prime, Jens was the Inaugural UFC LW Champion, had a record of 14-2 (going 6-0-1 in the UFC at the time), including being the first man in MMA to beat BJ Penn.

Jens may have stuck around too long like too many fighters do but it doesn’t take away from his accomplishments and he deserves a spot in that HOF at the least.

10 Likes

I’ve been noticing the UFC has been giving Jens some love lately. He is part of some radio show on fight pass I believe too. I think he will be in 2023 HOF.

Long overdue.

First UFC Bantamweight champ :wink:

7 Likes

He has twitch channel there he comments fights, and is host in ufc twitch channel

3 Likes

Two of my favorite fighters.

2 Likes

Touche for the Bantamweight comment lol. And yeah being on Twitch definitely is something and we talked about that for a minute but he really should already be in that HOF and it was cool of Urijah to get on the mic and mention it too.

1 Like

QueasyGlitteringJunco-max-1mb

1 Like

100%

Finally going into UFC HOF. This is great.

Jens gives a shoutout to the UG at 25:05

1 Like

Thanks for the bump that was a really cool shout out to the UG from Jens

Really happy to see him get recognized this year

I have pictures with both.

dance-happy