Jim Miller vs. Charles Oliveira UFC 124

DaemonDragon - I don't know if Oliveira's ground game is better than Bocek's. Perhaps he has the more dangerous guard, but Bocek had far superior wrestling, and it was the wrestling that was the main source of Miller's problems. Miller was ending up on bottom.

I think Miller has good enough BJJ to avoid getting subbed. And his boxing is very good, with good power as well.

Very interesting fight of technical boxer/wrestler with sub defense vs. technical muay thai/BJJ guy. But I really wish they were giving Oliveira someone easier. This isn't a good fight for Miller either, because Oliveira is dangerous but a win over him doesn't do much for him.

Great matchup, but it just doesn't make sense to me.

charles was able to take down efrain and during scrambles he'll be really dangerous so miller better be ready for that.

agree with the match up not helping miller, the UFC seems to not want to give miller a fight with guys like kenny. this fight seems to be made for charles to break out.

THE Kevin Chandler - 
LambertCFMMA - Really looking forward to this fight. I'm going with Oliveira. More technical striking and a very active ground game. As much as I like Miller, he did have some trouble with Bocek and Oliveira's ground game is better than Bocek's.

That is a pretty silly statement IMO. Just because you saw two quick subs from Oliviera does not make his ground game better that Bocek's. Besides the fact that Bocek got wrobbed in that fight with Jim Miller, his wrestling is obviously better. I would also say his BJJ is better too, but i'm not sure because we've only seen a very small window of Oliviera on the ground.

But Mark's positioning and control are awesome, sets up his subs expertly instead of exploding into them which people probably won't appreciate as much, doesn't look as impressive in terms of flash.

Yeah a lot more upside winning for Charles than Jimmy. 

charles was able to take down efrain and during scrambles he'll be really dangerous so miller better be ready for that.

I don't think Miller will ever be afraid to scramble with anybody.

I'm kind of bummed for Miller.

He should be fighting more veteran guys at this point in his career, not up and coming prospects.  I'd rather see Oliveira work his way up the ladder and Jim taking on more established guys and building his case for a title shot.

Sucks there rushing him. I think Miller takes this but I'm going to root for Oliveira, really like his style.

Great fight !

i got olivera via tko in the 3rd.