Jim Ross highlights from boxing pbp.

BLPorritt - 
shizz - Why or how did the WWE let him go?

UFC, pay attention :)
If I remember correctly his health deteriorated after having a stroke or two and he couldn't continue with the weekly commentary traveling all over.

Somebody correct me if im wrong Phone Post 3.0

Your wrong, it had something to do with letting Ric Flair get out of hand at some promotional event he was hosting for the WWE.

zFugitive -
BLPorritt - 
shizz - Why or how did the WWE let him go?

UFC, pay attention :)
If I remember correctly his health deteriorated after having a stroke or two and he couldn't continue with the weekly commentary traveling all over.

Somebody correct me if im wrong Phone Post 3.0

Your wrong, it had something to do with letting Ric Flair get out of hand at some promotional event he was hosting for the WWE.

This is why right here. If a blue could help. Phone Post 3.0

He could be the Brock Lesnar of commentators: bringing over his big wrestling fan base to MMA.

Zanzoken - JR and Rogan calling a UFC would be interesting

it will never happen though because the UFC is terrified of being associated with pro wrestling

I agree with first point.

Disagree with second...they are sports entertainment now, whether they want to believe it or not. JR is good for sports. Will get people hyped.

""BAH GAWD!!! THAT LEFT HOOK BROKE HIS BRAIN IN HALF KING!! THIS SLOBBER KNOCKER HAS LEFT BOTH WARRIORS WITH CRIMSON MASKS HERE TODAY"" Phone Post 3.0

Late 80's Jim Ross doing a serious, sports-orientated style of pro wrestling commentary for the NWA was the best announcer I've ever heard in any sport. WWE Ross took it up a hundred notches, being ordered to become as Southern as possible and peppering every big match with all the "BAH GOD! HE'S BROKEN IN HALF!!!" stuff but you only need to watch a WWE show nowadays to see how the guy who replaced him isn't fit to shine his shoes.

Ross once said his problem with UFC commentary was it was too technical and too difficult for the average person to start watching and understand what was happening. I like Goldie but I do think Ross would still be a great foil for Rogan.

lol he called Rocky Juarez The Rock at some point. I'm all for him commentating in the UFC.

I could see Zuffa putting him with Joe on PPV's for one reason...to get back the WWE fans that left when Brock did. Zuffa knows it needs those fans to increase PPV buys, and many of them would likely follow Ross over, just to hear him call fights. Wrestling fans are that crazy.

He does a HELL OF A JOB filling the air time with conversation. That is awesome.. Team him with Rogan and I believe it would be EPIC.

The profound statement thing and 2 dollar tough had me laughing. Phone Post 3.0

My only issue is that his commentating doesn't contain any technical details at all, and it'd be even more noticeable if he commentated MMA.

Whambo - My only issue is that his commentating doesn't contain any technical details at all, and it'd be even more noticeable if he commentated MMA.

Does Goldie's?

Bingo.. Joe Rogan is the go to guy for technical details IMO

I Wild Each It - 
Whambo - My only issue is that his commentating doesn't contain any technical details at all, and it'd be even more noticeable if he commentated MMA.

Does Goldie's?

I'm not exactly the biggest Goldie fan on here...

Let's get good olé jr in the ufc now, he's great! !! Phone Post 3.0

I'd really like to see him at least get a shot at a smaller ufc show. He doesn't need to be more "technical" either. That's the other guy's job(Rogan, Stann, Florian).

JR should replace Goldberg. Honestly I'm tired of Goldie now. JR can bring an air of freshness and excitement, even when two unexciting bantemweight are in there.

Pretty good. I cosign it. Phone Post 3.0

ttt Great commentator