JJ Reveals ‘I Have a Date’ for Return, Verbal Agreement in Place

1 Like

2 Likes

Jon Jones is nearly ready to fight again.

Following a devastating torn pectoral muscle that cancelled his expected showdown with Stipe Miocic back in November 2023, the reigning heavyweight champion announced he has a date booked for his UFC return, but he’s allowing the promotion to make it official.

“I have a date,” Jones revealed on Twitter. “I’ll let boss man Dana [White] announce that.”
Jones added that the fight itself is also nearly a done deal, but no contracts have been issued yet so there’s no guarantee until the ink is dry on those bout agreements.

“Nope [can’t announce anything yet], as right now it’s just a verbal agreement,” Jones wrote.

While he didn’t mention an opponent, all signs are pointing toward the fight with Miocic being rebooked for some time later this year. Jones was adamant about Miocic as his next opponent as he seeks to take out arguably the greatest heavyweight in UFC history.

In recent days, Jones has hinted at potential fights against everybody from reigning UFC light heavyweight champion Alex Pereira to interim heavyweight king Tom Aspinall, with no mention of Miocic in sight. Of course, that doesn’t mean Jones has moved on from that fight, but he’s certainly stoked some intriguing flames of late.

As of now, the UFC already has pay-per-view cards planned through the summer, with UFC 303 headlined by Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler on June 29, and then UFC 304 traveling on July 27 to Manchester, England.

2 Likes

Better knock off some LB’s rather quick, fatty.

Hong Kong, any news on Big Tom vs Blades?

The only reason he was able to make 205 are his stick legs. If he had even normal sized legs he would have been a HW.

1 Like

2 Likes

And coke with other drugs :laughing:

1 Like

Funny South

1 Like

I’m not interested if it’s not Aspinal

2 Likes

1 Like

Jon’s bringing a date to his return fight?

Is this part of that whole gay story? Who’s the lucky guy?

1 Like

Everyone knows Jones will never fight Aspinall. It’s too much of a risk to his legacy.

At this point Jones is only going to take big fights against opponents he knows he can beat. Miocic is 41 and hasn’t won a fight in 4 years. Jones will easily beat Miocic and then (assuming he still has the LHW title) Jones will give Pereira a shot at the HW title. Pereira has never fought at HW and has never fought a wrestler and will be another relatively easy fight for Jones. After that unless Chuck Liddell decides to make a comeback Jones will retire.

This could be a fun game. Name people Jones would fight rather than Aspinal.

After beating Stipe and Pereira he could challenge Arlovski so he gets another former champion.

2 Likes

He’s going to bring MMA guru and fuck him before and after the fight. It’s going to look Ving Rhames in Pulp Fiction.

1 Like

A tin-foil hate wearer that’s also a fag …that’s a new one, you are unique

1 Like

how’s that astra zenica shot working out for you NPC?

1 Like