JKD? Form must follow function

100% not true.

Adam

adam, you would shit if i told you who told me.

everyone on this board not only respects, but praises him.

Steve Reiter has written many interesting things on here. I hope to answer some of his posts, refute others, and ask some questions of my own.

When others engage in hearsay "Can't speak for the author, but I know I have...and I absolutely agree with him." Steve challenges, "really? ok, name them!"

However, when trying to make his own points he writes, "it is my observation that the sbg guys have bullied their way into taking over the forum, and i wont be bullied. anyone who has a different opinion than a sbg guy is bullied around. and all the other sbg guys e-mail each other and all jump on the board and try to stiffle anyone who does agree with the company line. i know this because a highly respected insider told me so, directly to my face." and follows with "you would shit if i told you who told me.
everyone on this board not only respects, but praises him."

Steve, this strikes me as hypocritical; to paraphrase your own post, really? ok, name him!

John Frankl

www.norcalbjj.com

Steve what I am saying is that no one has ever asked me to post anything on any thread. Just look at the threads I post on and you will see that I only post on instructional questions. Same goes for Rory.

Adam

continued....

Steve engages in another fallacious line of argumentation when he begins, "i wonder if the author has actually stepped foot in a majority of traditional and "JKD" schools in the country to actually be able to make this claim? somehow i seriously doubt it."

He goes on to vehemently defend his initial assertion by writing, "it's total bullshit. i dont care how many you've been to, 10, 20, (if that many). to make a blanket statement that "ALL" schools do a certain thing is bullshit. they have no first hand knowledge of what "ALL" or " MOST" schools do."
"the point of naming all the schools is to prove or disprove the blanket statement that he had in fact been to all schools, and there is qualified to make the blanket statement. otherwise, he should either limit his discussions to the schools he has first hand knowledge of, or shut the fuck up."

Thank you, Steve. You have just singlehandedly undercut everything Bruce Lee ever wrote and all the attendant JKD pseudo-philosophy. Bruce wrote his manifesto decrying the "classical mess" but could never have visited more than 1 or 2 percent of the classical martial arts schools in the world before writing his blanket statements, which you seem to find very offensive and untenable. Therefore, the entirety of JKD is, in your own eloquent words, total bullshit, and you should hush your mouth, etc. Thank you.

John Frankl

www.norcalbjj.com

"adam, you would shit if i told you who told me.
everyone on this board not only respects, but praises him. "

Well whoever this mystery man is, he's never tried to correspond with Adam via E-mail...though I do suspect Adam is somehow responsible for those 2AM phonecalls with nothing but heavy breathing on the other end I keep recieving. ;)

adam -

i never meant to imply that you where one of the people.

john -

the [slight] difference is that bruce was trained by yip man, a direct hier to the wing chug system. therefore he knows how yip taught. so he had a larger reference point. however, you are correct. if bruce made a blanket statement that ALL martial arts school teach a certain way...ect...., he is full of shit and he should shut the fuck up.

Steve,
Since you now live in GA you and I need to meet and have a cold beer. I think one of my friends has helped you get settled in a little (Brian).

Adam

yes he has -

Looking forward to hanging out.

You cant get my phone number from him.

After we become bro's and I can trust you not to tell Matt who told me about the e-mail thing, I'll tell you who it was. He didnt tell me in confidence or anything, so I'm not betraying his trust. But I new he wouldnt want to make it public knowledge

Steve

I will get your number from him this week. The 4 of us can go get a beer (Me, You , Him, Rory)
Adam

cool -

see you then

steve

wtf?

wtf?beer-waza - a seldom used collection of techniques that is used to resolve conflict, build relationships and at it's highest levels, have a good time.