Joao Assis teaching at Carlson Gracie Temecula

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up that Joao is the new instructor here, and we are all very excited. If you guys get a chance please stop by. This Saturday is Carlson Gracie team training so everybody is invited.

What happened to the former head instructor there? Will it still be called Carlson Gracie BJJ or will it be Checkmat?

It will continue to be Carlson Gracie. As for the former instructor, he's no longer with Junior.

A number of people from Rey's (& Rodrigo's too I believe) are going.

he has a very aggressive leglock game from what i have seen in his matches

I would bring my students to the team training, but several of them are competing at the OTM tournament this weekend.

anybody know anything about what JR. is doing? seems to be shaking up team carlson gracie a bit. Trying to reunite, etc. Does anybody have any more details on this?

bonez05 - anybody know anything about what JR. is doing? seems to be shaking up team carlson gracie a bit. Trying to reunite, etc. Does anybody have any more details on this?

He has formed the Carlson Gracie Federation which has a new website (Forum member Zuma is in charge of the website, I believe).

My impression is Jr. has a revitalized interest in BJJ and in (re)uniting the Carlson Gracie Schools under the same banner.

Exactly what Shen said.

www.carlsongraciefederation.com

Joao is amazing to roll with and great instructor. He trained with us for about 6-7 months in San Diego at Rodrigo's and is super cool.

Im coming back to this thread to tell everyone that Joao is freaking awesome.

His training methods and enthusiasm for BJJ is incredible. I literally feel like my BJJ has reached a new level because of his training.

I had a class with Junior this week and he talked about how awesome Joao is.

TTT for Temecula!

kway,
can you ask joao if he had any of his matches recorded at the mundials this year?

I was taking photos of his matches (also all of Team CheckMat). I didn't see much out of his matches from what I remember, I could be wrong. He lost to Rafael Lavato Jr.

I'll ask him.

http://www.carlsongracietemecula.com/fed

It's 15min from my home and I never knew. I've always seen and known of the Gracie Barra Temecula (Carlos Gracie), was stoked when I found out and plan on getting info.

http://www.carlsongracietemecula.com/instructors

Yeah so, Joao completely blew me away with what he taught last night. Awesome awesome class.

Hope to see you soon Ricardo.

ttt for Joao Assis winning the absolute at the Nationals.

Oieeeeeeee