Joe Daddy Stevenson gets warm welcome in Australia

“I have a lot of fans in Australia. At the press conference they were just really, really respectful, really nice. You can see they were really torn,” said Stevenson in regards to the fans indecisiveness when it comes to Stevenson and his opponent, Australian countryman George Sotiropoulos.

“In fact, I’m sending one of my walkout tees to this fan who was very persistent and I think I’m going to put one up on my website so (the fans) can get it up before the fight.”

“I think he’s finished his last four fights in the UFC. He’s very dangerous,” said Joe Daddy, father of four, while a guest on the MMAWeekly Radio show.

“He hasn’t lost very much. I don’t know if he’s been tested as much; he fought (Shinya) Aoki. He’s about to fight me and I’m going to make this the toughest fight of his life,” he continued.

“George is a fight, man. He’s fighting in front of his home country. How excited is this guy? I can’t take anything – every punch he throws at me, every submission attempt is going to be with bad intentions and not because he hates me, but because he’s going to be pumped.”

Stevenson traded in the glitz and glam of the Vegas strip in favor of a more grounded lifestyle with Greg Jackson’s camp in Albuquerque, N.M. Since the move, Joe “Daddy” has gained momentum in the lightweight division by defeating the scrappy, young Nate Diaz and perennial contender Spencer Fisher, respectively.  

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=10764&zoneid=13

This is going to be an awesome fight, it's a very even matchup.   Stevenson definitely has the edge in experience, but Sotiropolous has been on fire lately!  Plus, he has the hometown crowd and momentum that earned his spot on this card.

I really want Stevenson to win, but I hope Sotiropolous does well and puts up a war.  I like both these guys alot.   It sucks they have to fight, but it's awesome at the same time!

Stevenson is going to be too much for him.

JOB - Stevenson is going to be too much for him.
I am hoping so, but I also think George Sotiropolous is  heavily underrated because of his loss on TUF.  He's had 3+ years since then and has looked phenominal in his UFC fights. 

TTT

Lol@ Buffer   "hmm,  Arrianny"

good...joe is probably one of the most likeable guys in mma

NHB USA - 
I am hoping so, but I also think George Sotiropolous is  heavily underrated because of his loss on TUF.  He's had 3+ years since then and has looked phenominal in his UFC fights. 

Yeah, that loss was due to an eye poke too. He really couldn't see, and it was pretty obvious that it led directly to the loss.

NHB USA - 

Yes, but against subpar competition. Joe Daddy is the real deal, and he's going to take this fight easily.