Joe Lauzon vs. Marcin Held

Shitty judges. Classy of Joe to own it. He didn't even give a little reasoning at all, just straight disagreed with decision. Good for him 

At least the judges finally fucked it up in a fight where the "winner" didn't do shit. Bittersweet. Joe is the man.

Too often people call close fights a robbery and I'm the first person to call them on that bullshit.

But that was a robbery.

30-27 for Held and 29-28 twice for Joe L.   lol

There's always a fight every card that reconfirms to me why I don't bet on MMA, this was the second one tonight. 

Biggest Robbery Ever (maybe)

And Joe was the 1st fighter I ever heard admit it on the spot.

Brutal decision, but glad Joe disagreed with it.  Another reason why Joe is awesome.

He definitely lost that fight though

Joe won round one, and lost two and three...which makes it even worse that the judge that gave it to Held gave him all three rounds.

all three judges got it wrong. 

JunkieDog - 

There's always a fight every card that reconfirms to me why I don't bet on MMA, this was the second one tonight. 

I was so close to putting 100 down on Ben, Joe and BJ to win 1300 and cancelled last minute.

Unkind Zuffa -

Not the biggest robbery ever.

Nick Ring vs Riki Fukuda was worse for example.

Still pretty bad though.

Outside of the elbows in the first, Joe spent the whole fight defending.

Man Joe is all class. Anyone remember another fighter ever doing that?

what else is new ?

He looked horrible outside of that one flurry. He lost. 

How could he be so dumb to continually clinch a guy who was owning him in the grappling? Retarded. I was rooting for him. 

Horrible decision.

TFK_MrSmiff -
JunkieDog - 

I was so close to putting 100 down on Ben, Joe and BJ to win 1300 and cancelled last minute.
I parlayed Ben, Held, and Yair. Gotta love the judges

Unkind Zuffa -

7/22/15

Wand vs Hunt was worse ... Pride even had rules that favored the smaller man in scoring. Other than the atomic bulldrop of doom Wand whooped that ass.

New rules

Held never had Joe in trouble, Joe won the first with damage and they gave him the second with the sub attempt. Held won the 3rd because there wasn't anything else but control, which he had.

I can see it looks strange and I'm not sure if I agree with this criteria...but according to the new rules Joe won.

How was Joe defending the whole time? He was striking, advancing, going for subs. The only offence Held offered was a handful of takedowns he didn't do anything with. 

Martin Held landed NOTHING of importance. It takes a special type of fighter to make a Joe Lau fight boring.

Alumynabjj -
FleecaJohn -

How was Joe defending the whole time? He was striking, advancing, going for subs. The only offence Held offered was a handful of takedowns he didn't do anything with. 

I know. Its like fucking 2002 again where takedowns meant you were just murdering the guy. 

R.I.P. Pride

Do you think it was due to the new judging rules? I mean, Marcin didn't do damage while on top in grappling...