Joe Rogan Just Said..

Fedoral Crime -

I know he says things for promotional purposes but it's still very annoying when he acts like the straight talking, no bullshit guy. 

That whole Ronda Rousey thing was just unforgivable really. We've all said some stupid shit, but to actually start crying while talking about how good a female fighter is, was just ridiculous. 

He should also never be allowed to say the word "elite" ever again even if someone's skills are elite. He's like the boy who cried elite too many times.

So true, Joe is and always was obsurd. The guy takes pride in doing mind altering drugs. I believe he tried the shit one too many times.

I love Cigano and MMA. But Boxing is kicking ass lately, and UFC has been absolute shit since the sell out to WME. They need some serious work. All I can hope for is Anderson beats Romero and gets Bisping rematch and beats him. Or fights GSP. Then everything is normal. Es normal.

This PPV won't even do 300,000 buys. Wlad/Joshua did over a million in the UK.

The UFC HW title isn't even the most important title in the UFC. LOL

It could potentially be the most prestigious if at least 90% of the time the true #1 Challenger got the title shot. In that regard, boxing titles are way more pretigious because it's an outside body who determines the #1 Challenger, not whether it's more profitable.

His mistake is assuming the UFC HW champ is the best MMA Heavyweight champ.

We will never know that.

What we do know is that when the UFC took over strikeforce they basically walked in and kicked fuck out of most of the UFC's elite.

Theoretically it should be. The HW champ is the physically biggest champion in the world. He *should* be able to beat all the champions under him. 

Ufc 100 Brock Lesnar would have beaten Jon Jones and Anderson Silva and obviously every other champ under them. 

Today though, Jones would/could be the HW champ and LHW champ at the same time. That's crazy. JBJ should be the GOAT and holding the 2 "biggest" belts there are. 

Glowman -

They broke the previous UK PPV record of 1.5 million set by MayPac. For a country with a population of 65 million thats pretty amazing, thats like a PPV in the US selling well over 7 million, MayPac PPV did 4.4 million in the US..It was on free TV in Germany and they had a viewership of 10 million, that would be like 40 million Americans tuning in to a fight.

14CaratGoldSlumComputerWizard -
Glowman -

They broke the previous UK PPV record of 1.5 million set by MayPac. For a country with a population of 65 million thats pretty amazing, thats like a PPV in the US selling well over 7 million, MayPac PPV did 4.4 million in the US..It was on free TV in Germany and they had a viewership of 10 million, that would be like 40 million Americans tuning in to a fight.

The numbers are insane. Joshua has no reason to fight in the US. Him vs. Fury will also do huge numbers.

Stipe on the otherhand is a nobody to most casual MMA fans.

TzTinkle - Rogan says a lot of stuff, he isn't to be taken seriously at all. Like you said did he not notice the 90,000 fans and a whole country watching the heavyweight championship of the world in boxing being contested? It was one of the best heavyweight fights in the past 15 years and Anthony Joshua's star will only grow larger after such a terrific contest.

Yeah I can't remember a more exciting hw fight really. I thought Klitschko had him. Holy shit what a fight. 

I don't hate you for being a hype man joe. You're just doing your job.

Gets me hype.

Vegito Blue -

Theoretically it should be. The HW champ is the physically biggest champion in the world. He should be able to beat all the champions under him. 

Ufc 100 Brock Lesnar would have beaten Jon Jones and Anderson Silva and obviously every other champ under them. 

Today though, Jones would/could be the HW champ and LHW champ at the same time. That's crazy. JBJ should be the GOAT and holding the 2 "biggest" belts there are. 

Just like Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson were always the biggest icons in boxing.  Because they were HW's.  They're the biggest and baddest. 

Now that UFC is bigger than Boxing, the UFC HW champ should indeed be the biggest icon of the sport.  Sadly, as much as i like Stipe, he doesn't have much charisma.  Cain would have been a huge icon if he didn't get injured every other week. 

Vegito Blue -
Vegito Blue -

Theoretically it should be. The HW champ is the physically biggest champion in the world. He should be able to beat all the champions under him. 

Just like Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson were always the biggest icons in boxing.  Because they were HW's.  They're the biggest and baddest. 

Now that UFC is bigger than Boxing, the UFC HW champ should indeed be the biggest icon of the sport.  Sadly, as much as i like Stipe, he doesn't have much charisma.  Cain would have been a huge icon if he didn't get injured every other week. 

Cain has the charisma and personality of a toaster.

TzTinkle - "What are you laughing at? I remember a two time UFC heavyweight Champ fighting a 50 year old retired HW Boxer and getting KOed in 8 seconds."

Or a WWF wrestler walking in with about 1-2 years of experience and winning the UFC heavyweight championship. UFC fans are delusional if they think the UFC heavyweight champion is the baddest man on the planet. Not enough money in the sport for that to be the case.

5/10 troll job. 

Unless a top tier boxer has a solid solid background in grappling, it's game over.  Jon Jones would grapplefuck basically any top tier professional boxer on Earth.  Modern UFC fighters are the baddest men on the planet, if you think otherwise you're delusional.  Referencing old UFC champs is like talking about how a 1991 Ferrari would do against a  2017 Ford Mustang (not well) - the game has evolved a TON since Timmy was relevent.   I'd be more interested in seeing AJ vs Overeem in a kickboxing match. 

Glowman -

I wish the UFC would post some of their worldwide viewership #s. It feels like it should be global so I would like to see the numbers for places like Canada, the UK, Brazil, etc..

PrettyBoy -
newjack900 - 

Both Joshua and Klitschko made roughly $13 million for tite fight.. I wonder how much Stipe and JDS will be earning 

The HW title fight also had 90,000 in attendance. Stipe had only 18k show up in his hometown...couldn't even sell out.

Stipe needed CM Punk to sell tickets and draw PPV buys as well. 

The stupid is strong with OP

Joe is the ufc's number one promoter.

newjack900 -
Glowman -

I wish the UFC would post some of their worldwide viewership #s. It feels like it should be global so I would like to see the numbers for places like Canada, the UK, Brazil, etc..

The UFC is shown here in the UK on a subscription based channel, UFC 205, which I would expect to be one of the highest rating events, had peak viewership of 315,000.

I agree with him 

sure it doesn't pay the most but he never said it does 

newjack900 -

"There's no other title in combat sports that carries more prestige, more significance, and more noteriety, than the UFC, Heavyweight Championship" 

- that's gotta be up there with his Ronda quotes for me.. or his Boxing is dead stance he tried to take a few years back.. The HW title isn't even prestigious by UFC standards. What makes the quote even sillier was the Joshua - Klitschko fight that just went down and the noteriety and mainstream attention it received and that was between a guy coming up and a guy most Americans say killed the division for a decade. & neither guy is American. 

Without Googling it, tell me what title Joshua won?

Joe was talking about the prestige of the UFC title. You know who the boxing champ is, but there are too many belts in the boxing world. Unless you're a hardcore boxing fan, you don't even know that he already had one and won another.