Joe Stevenson

I just watched Stevenson vs. Neer again.

Joe was so close to getting that sub!! If Neer had submitted, as most
mortal humans would in that situation, this board would be praising
Stevenson as a very important contender....

Now he is like a forgotten man, because Neer would rather win a fight
than have his leg broken (I compliment him on this of course!!!).

I would really love to see this rematch and see if Joe can improve and
redeem himself. He deserves it. Does anybody agree?

Outside that kneebar Neer Owned him. Joe is a good fighter but is yet to look good in the UFC. Hope Joe keeps training hard and makes a comeback. A rematch with Neer is pointless IMO.

^^^^

Didn't you watch Sherk/Diaz? Apparently short guys can be effective with their hands...

"because Neer would rather win a fight than have his leg broken"

Doesn't that describe everyone?

ARen't there some eeery parallels in the Cuommo and Neer fights?

Very dominating at the beginning and just. kinda. peters. out.

Max

Was Joe just being too nice?

That kneebar was locked down, seems like Joe could have just broken it.

Maybe he wasn't strong enough?

Im a Stevenson fan, but that kneebar was about the only brightside of that fight for Joe, he did look pretty bad. And to me he didn't look like he was in that good of shape either. But the question about was Joe strong enough, I think he is. Did u see that challenge with him and Whitehead, the one where Rich forfeited. That takes an incredible amount of strength.

I know it may be hard for him to cut to 155 now, but I think he would do really good at lightweight. He would be physically stronger than any one there except Sherk and he could potentially be a title contender. He can still do well at 170, but his chances of being a champ are much better at 155.

TUF 2 guys seemed like much more decent human beings, but so far 1 and 3 look like better fighters. But I still think Joe Stevenson is the real deal.

I still can't believe how fucken tough Neer is to ride out that knee bar, finish the fight, and win.

Joe's cardio looks to be his biggest problem right now. Or it could be he was just injured for the Cumo fight and couldn't get enough cardio in, and he blew his wad on the knee bar.

I believe Stevenson messed up Neer's knee badly with that kneebar. Perhaps a more informed source could tell us how bad.

There is no doubt that Neer won that fight, but we have to ask at what cost?

"I believe Stevenson messed up Neer's knee badly with that kneebar. Perhaps a more informed source could tell us how bad.

There is no doubt that Neer won that fight, but we have to ask at what cost? "

Neer posted that night or the next day that it was just sprained.

two fights in ufc for joe, two times out of shape.

mongo54 haas hit it on the head...except for that kneebar on Neer, he looked like a fish out of water - literally

BM21

hopefull he will decide he really wants to fight, I hear he is actually freakishly talented on the ground.

I like Joe, I think he's an incredible talent, although fairly raw. And I agree with the others in regards to Joe's cardio.

But, I think before he does anything else, he needs to develop an attitude.... Joe is such a nice guy... I think he needs to fight with the take no prisoners attitude. (He even tapped gloves with his opponent in the middle of a round... really for no reason)

Attitude first.... then of course tougher training, including heavy cardio.

I dlike to see Stevenson put it all together and make some noise at 170 in the UFC