Joel Gingery of Trident Jiu Jitsu rapes 18yo student

Joel Gingery, 57, was arrested Monday by Ormond Beach Police and booked into jail on charges of false imprisonment and sexual battery, according to the arrest report.

Gingery, who also reportedly owns a Jujutsu business, had one of his Jujutsu students meet him outside Halifax Health Medical Center in Daytona Beach, where they went then up to a room on the fourth floor, the report said.

The woman told deputies that Gingery put an adjustable table in front of the on-call door, which prevented it from being able to open, and then raped her.

Gingery reportedly called the woman several times. During one of those phone calls, police listened in.

20220825-142753.jpg

2 Likes

https://forums.mixedmartialarts.com/t/navy-seal-bjj-gym-owner-sexually-assaults-student/3749269?u=bjtt_pella

2 Likes

Fuck the toxic BJJ community

8 Likes

There’s a lot of this…

3 Likes

Right, but there’s a lot of UGers who don’t go to the OG.

3 Likes

Agreed. I just posted the thread cause I figured people here had trained with this creep, and, of course, someone said they had and he was every bit the weird fuck that you’d expect.

3 Likes

I wonder why the 18 year old met him at the hospital? Fucked up nonetheless

2 Likes

True, she probably had a skirt on and everything.

3 Likes

In general or specifically in the BJJ community?

There’s a fuckload of it in the BJJ community… out of the 3 gyms I’ve regularly trained at, 2 of them (one in Minnesota, one in Hawaii) had some sort of sexual abuse shit going on by an instructor.

2 Likes

I for one am happy to hear there is a rebranding coming soon.

3 Likes

Lots of pedos in the fitness community

1 Like

I was meaning bjj community.

Which gym in MN?

1 Like

Annnd, she brought her vagina with her.

2 Likes

I would like to build on this but I’m too triggered

I wanna choke the fucker.

1 Like

Warrior’s Cove. I went there for 5-6 months when I first started jitz, saw that news article about the allegation on David Arnebeck, and peaced the fuck out.

1 Like

What’s that backstory?

Not a great look.

Looking at his IG he was just recently dating a 29 yo brown belt at the gym. Obviously that’s not abhorrent but a 27 year age gap should raise some eyebrows.

Seems like a predatory guy.

Sport seems to be replete with horrible fucking people. Might just seem like that because I don’t follow other sports.

1 Like

Girl gets raped. “But why was the girl there?” Typical UG knucklehead.

Maybe because she trusted him and he lured her there with some made up story about needing help? Who the fuck knows.

7 Likes