John Alessio vs. Paul Daley on 12/5

John Alessio will be fighting Paul Daley at MFC 19 on Dec. 5.
"I'm super excited for this fight," Alessio told MMAFighting.com. "I think its one of the biggest welterweight fights Canada has seen. Daley brings in good striking and he's athletic and explosive, this is a big fight for my career."

ttt

Daley by KO.

Daley's a bad fight for John, IMO.  Bad ass striker.

"Bad ass striker." - True but ZERO ground skillz. Alessio is too well rounded.

Alessio by any sub he wants.

I wouldnt say zero, he has much better td defence now and he managed to survive most the first round underneath Shields, did a lot better than the Goat.

Alessio by Sub!!!

Ned Ryerson - "Bad ass striker." - True but ZERO ground skillz. Alessio is too well rounded.

Alessio by any sub he wants.

That's ridiculously silly.

He gets submitted by Jake Shields who is a stud Black Belt and now he's got "ZERO" ground skill.  As I recall, Shields had a tough time submitting Daley...Saying he has zero ground game is silly.

Great fight, I look forward to seeing this.

canada......great

Zero ground game at the level he's fighting IMO. Sure, Shields "is a stud Black Belt" but that doesn't take away the fact that Daley laid flat on his back, made no attempt to get back to full or half guard, had no hip movement whatsoever and got subbed by an armbar that was set up like a drill in a blue belt class.

I favor strikers over grapplers any day, and I'd love to see Daley do well, but from what I've seen from his Cage Rage and Elite XC fights, he's only a step above Drew McFedries.

war SEMTEX!

"Zero ground game at the level he's fighting IMO. Sure, Shields "is a stud Black Belt" but that doesn't take away the fact that Daley laid flat on his back, made no attempt to get back to full or half guard, had no hip movement whatsoever and got subbed by an armbar that was set up like a drill in a blue belt class."

Sorry, I don't agree, but to each his own opinion.

I think you are being too hard on the guy, but that's the way things go on the UG, afterall, right?

He's either "a stud" or he "fucking blows". 

Anyways, TTT for Paul Daley.

Good fight! I'll take Daley.

Daley's sprawls were really good. His problem was he just got too aggressive. Jakes last 2 takedowns weren't even shots - he just fell to his knees and drove under a punch.

If Daley's more careful about getting overextended, he could be a serious contender.

"I think you are being too hard on the guy, but that's the way things go on the UG, afterall, right?"

You're probably right. He is a great athlete so hopefully the loss to Shields will just make him come back better because I do think he has the potential to be top 10.

Alessio will win.

shields subbed guys who were considered better grapplers than daley (like pyle and thompson), a lot faster than he subbed daley...so paul should get a little more credit.

good fight, like both guys. daley might be able to use his speed and kicks to follow alves game plan when he fought alessio and pull off the win...

but i think alessio's overall mma game will find a way to win this fight. probably by sub. he's a crafty vet on a nice roll.

John should win this one. Too well rounded. Daley has to land a lot of leg kicks to get it going.

Great scrap.

I love seeing Paul fight. Hopefully Alessio stands and trades for a bit at least.