Johny Hendricks’ Steakhouse

"Hendricks recently took us on a tour of the restaurant, which opened in January. It's mostly a family-run shop, with Hendricks' wife's grandmother Norma Henderson manning the salad station and his father-in-law Barry Henderson as director of operations. Come on a Friday or Saturday night and you might even get waited on by Hendricks and his wife Christina. "We've even had him bus tables," his father-in-law said."

Any UGers been? How is it?

1 Like

Cool, where at? Phone Post 3.0

I had to send my steak back after finding a beard hair in it... Phone Post 3.0

3 Likes

From reading the reviews it's basically like Applebee's all frozen food heated up and shit out of cans.

That's disappointing Phone Post 3.0

FETT_TFK UGCTT Captain America - Cool, where at? Phone Post 3.0

https://www.facebook.com/Biggriggssteakhouse

Tough food critics in here Phone Post 3.0

mrichter -

I saw pictures, it appears they dump things out of a bag and call it salad...it looked bad..but again maybe for the area this is in this is "nice"? No clue...but to me it looked terrible...

Come on Bigg Rigg...step it up.

What sort of jackass critiques how food tastes by a photo in a restaurant where they've never been. Phone Post 3.0

2 Likes

Interesting choice. Restaurants are typically a horrible investment unless you really know the business inside and out.

You can do it Johny. Phone Post 3.0

I may make a special trip out there! Phone Post 3.0

12SixElbow -

How far is it from Dallas?

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

CindyO - 
12SixElbow -

How far is it from Dallas?

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

It's pretty much on the Dallas border so I would say about 20 minutes away from the AA Arena and the W.

Good luck to him on this endeavor.

Restaurants are a very, very tough business.

3 Likes

Love it Phone Post 3.0

I hope it's terrible so we can have a Kitchen Nightmares episode with Big Rig Phone Post 3.0

2 Likes

I don't know how much money johny made in his career, but I'm guessing it isn't fuck you money level. That being said a restaurant is horrible business investment. But maybe he knows his local market better than most of us. 

He has his name on it so thats an advantage but the novelty could wear off pretty quickly. Phone Post 3.0

1 Like

He's only putting 70% effort into it at the moment. Wait til he's at 100% before you critique! Phone Post 3.0

2 Likes

NicolasRGC - I hope it's terrible so we can have a Kitchen Nightmares episode with Big Rig Phone Post 3.0

THIS!!

I love that show.

da Vinci 81 - Interesting choice. Restaurants are typically a horrible investment unless you really know the business inside and out.
Yup. My old man pissed a cool mil after trying to run his own all you can eat buffet restaurant. Nearly destroyed his marriage. Now I have the privilege of being able to say "we use to be rich". Phone Post 3.0