Jon Anik's "Challenging" UFC 208 Broadcast

Yes the 3 person commentary was awkard, but do you know what would've made it better? Jon Anik' not being there.

“I know I heard from a lot of fans saying they wanted to hear more of me" ... No, This has never been said, fucking ever. No one has ever said that about Jon Anik and meant it. That's like saying with complete sincerity: "Tito Ortiz was extremely articulate at his press conference".

I only make this comparison because watching Tito Ortiz speak is like trying not to laugh while watching an autistic Mr. Potato Head  with a 2nd grade reading level attempt to awkwardly read a book report in front of the class. Which I think accurately portrays Anik's skill when doing commentary on a fight.

So whaaaaah (autistic screeching), you had to shill ads for Halo while a life-long mma fan / jujitsu black belt / taekwondo black belt / veteran commentator along with the olympic wrestler / UFC LHW champ broke down the fight? Damn. That sucks. I'm sure your fans are super disappointed.

Anik has always been given way to hard of a time. There's nothing wrong with the job he does

Dreville79 - 

Anik has always been given way to hard of a time. There's nothing wrong with the job he does

Well when he first started he didn't know a single thing about MMA, so I was a hater back then. But he learned really fast and reads super fast, plus he immersed himself and uses betting lines as his angle, something I am a fan of...

He had to be there because neither Cormier nor Rogan are going to read the times, stats, advertisemens,  or other random shit Anik has to do.  

CRE -
Dreville79 - 

Well when he first started he didn't know a single thing about MMA, so I was a hater back then. But he learned really fast and reads super fast, plus he immersed himself and uses betting lines as his angle, something I am a fan of...
Before the UFC, Anik worked Bellator events and brought MMA to ESPN with his show MMA Live. Are you sure he "knew nothing?"

Vecna808 - He is a fuckin saint compared to the new guy.

Absolutely.

JJSFC - 
CRE -
Dreville79 - 

Before the UFC, Anik worked Bellator events and brought MMA to ESPN with his show MMA Live. Are you sure he "knew nothing?"

Well MMA is very complex, with lots of depth. Must have been getting his bearings, or my bias against the new guy, probably both. Either way Anik is quality now.

He's alright.

Jackamabob -

Yes the 3 person commentary was awkard, but do you know what would've made it better? Jon Anik' not being there.

“I know I heard from a lot of fans saying they wanted to hear more of me" ... No, This has never been said, fucking ever. No one has ever said that about Jon Anik and meant it. That's like saying with complete sincerity: "Tito Ortiz was extremely articulate at his press conference".

I only make this comparison because watching Tito Ortiz speak is like trying not to laugh while watching an autistic Mr. Potato Head  with a 2nd grade reading level attempt to awkwardly read a book report in front of the class. Which I think accurately portrays Anik's skill when doing commentary on a fight.

So whaaaaah (autistic screeching), you had to shill ads for Halo while a life-long mma fan / jujitsu black belt / taekwondo black belt / veteran commentator along with the olympic wrestler / UFC LHW champ broke down the fight? Damn. That sucks. I'm sure your fans are super disappointed.

I'll take Tito over Anik all day.

notsobigmike - You'd rather Rogan + DC over Rogan + Anik?

IMO, three in the booth is too much, but you need a broadcaster/MC to keep things moving along. Rogan plus a fighter is too much analyst, not enough play-by-play.

They need a fighter or other expert in between rounds for scoring and breakdown like they do on HBO boxing.

I gotta be honest with you, I'd rather have Rogan + Todd Grisham. Guy getting mad shit on here but he was great for my liking. But again I like various kinds of silly stuff. I just can't stand robots in the booth, you may use a pre-recorded tape for that.

I'm an anik fan. Although his post fight in octagon interviews aren't the best. Like the anik and florian podcast too