Jon Fitch - enough is enough

5-0 in the UFC winning all of his fights in dominating fashion and instead of getting matched up with a TOP 10 WW(Diego, GSP, Kosch, Karo)

he gets 11-5 Roan Carneiro

Carneiro is a talented fighter but this is a huge step back

what I don't understand is matching Burkman(who has a loss to Fitch) with Karo and giving Carneiro to Fitch

shouldn't it be the other way around?

No worries guys, Im not going any where. You will all get sick of me
beating everyone soon enough and start hating on me. hehehe Just
kidding. Roan is tough, Im not even sure if he has lost at 170. I think he
has spent most his career at 185. It will be a good scrap, dont sell this
guy short, I know Im not.

Fitch

Just trained with Fitch today he is a stud...

NYBA

Phil B

Agreed...it's a shame that he has been given minimal exposure even though he's been excellent over and over again.

IMO Fitch just happens to be the in the most stacked div in the sport (in which one of his teammates, possible 2, are in as well).

I think out of necessity, the UFC will probably add new weight divisions within 3 years. 170 is stacked...the other divisions will eventually get there too.

Hey Jon, would you consider ever moving either up in weight or down to 155?

You've certainly proven yourself to be a credible challenger to the belt at 170, but seem to be lost in a very deep shuffle.

He's got a lot of potential. I feel he would of got tapped 1st round against Hironaka in a ring but the cage pretty much saved him and his size advantage got him over in the stand up. Not a contender yet but maybe one day. I think he'd really excel over in the IFL.

does make more sence having Fitch fight Karo

Fitch is the future of WW along with Koscheck and Diego if he gets his head on right. Roan is a threat @ 170 but I think Fitch will win this and a few more in a row.

BTW Black what part of the reffing in that fight did you think was the worst...the standup or the stop?? DEEP is a little funny that way some times but props to Chonan for a good knee.

Yeah I think they want Karo to win so they can build him up though. He beat WW champ Serra and could be champ.

"I think out of necessity, the UFC will probably add new weight divisions within 3 years. 170 is stacked...the other divisions will eventually get there too."

The UFC has no power to add weight divisions (other than those they don't use like SH, Bantam, etc...

Not so sure about Kos vs. GSP. And remember if GSP wins Kos just has to look good to prove that he belongs basically forever. I think Kos will look better than Hughes and Sherk vs. GSP.

i want to see joslin get his rematch with fitch

Joslin does not need a win to get in front of Fitch again. Question is does Fitch feel guilty about that victory or does he need a "time out" to think about it first???

I think it's time to let the Joslin vs Fitch controversy go guy's. I was there live and also disappointed with the outcome.However, Fitch has move on, improved and done very well for himself in the UFC. Jeff needs to do the same to earn a re-match with Jon.

joslin is fighting lytle?

^^^ Yes

Fitch is the man... dude can woop some ass!!!

Get this guy on the UFC Pay Per View

Date: 05/01/07 09:09 AM
17642 Total Posts Ignore User

i want to see joslin get his rematch with fitch

Canadian detected.