Jon Fitch responds to Dana White on fighter pay

Such a weird video for Fitch to put out.

Unless he knows how much the UFC takes in exactly (ie: PPV revenue, merchandise, sponsors, etc) and how much it's expenses are (ie: production costs, taxes, advertising costs, cost of insurance, cost of employing the 500+ Zuffa employees, total fighter payout, cost of expanding into new markets, etc.), then why comment beyond his own financial situation?

That said, I hope Fitch wins his WSOF debut and puts a hurting on Burkman.

The guy has always been a really good fighter. He just doesn't have an exciting or casual-fan friendly style.

Come on Fitch, no one ever paid to watch you fight.... That's why.

He isn't informing, he left out so many details about how much he actually made. Sponsorship money? Other bonuses that Dana might of given him for a damn good fight?
And he knows nothing of the UFCs actual expenses, so unless he has direct access to UFC expenses, he shouldn't be commenting on them.

I like Fitch and wish him the best in his MMA career, but he needs to just drop this and focus on kicking ass in other MMA organizations. Phone Post 3.0

RLL -

Interesting read but the comparisons on his vs the UFC overheard are unfair, mostly because they didn't show the UFC's (outside of distributors cuts). Fitch made $1,200,222 in 7 years, but wants to subtract management, training, and other incidentals from that to bolster his claim that he didn't make a lot at all.

Rest assured that the money spent by Zuffa to keep the UFC going is much more than what they pay fighters. That the business of being in business. As far as DFWJR being rich, yup he is. The boss always make more than the employees, regardless of the work he puts in. Fitch signed a contract and agreed to those payouts and terms. Anyone who does that, and then bitches about it after, well their intergrity has to be questioned.

Voted up Phone Post 3.0

i think Jon Fitch needs to quit wasting his time with this. he's acting like a crazy ex-gf here. didn't you already sign w wsof? yes you did. that completely eliminates any chance of you ever getting a pay check signed by the ufc again. so i guess what i'm saying is maybe instead of crunching numbers that helps you with............. nothing. try to do what you couldn't in ufc and finish fights in wsof maybe you'll get a piece of that cheddar

go train or something ffs

Who cares about Fitch making money for consistently winning?

2 billionaires and their friend from school got richer, thats what MMA is about.

If he's gonna use UFC merchandise money or even talk about it and the UFC sponsors , then talk about his SPONSORS , MERCHANDISE :) Phone Post 3.0

Kos and Fitch get to AKA about the same time*, similar backgrounds....

One has a boat, plane, sportscars and a mansion on a lake - the other has sand in his vagina.

*same time in MMA history, not sure in Calendar months/years

I definitely agree that fighters should be getting paid a lot more, but Fitch has no one to blame but himself about his current financial situation.

UNION

/thread

IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap - He isn't informing, he left out so many details about how much he actually made. Sponsorship money? Other bonuses that Dana might of given him for a damn good fight?
And he knows nothing of the UFCs actual expenses, so unless he has direct access to UFC expenses, he shouldn't be commenting on them.

I like Fitch and wish him the best in his MMA career, but he needs to just drop this and focus on kicking ass in other MMA organizations. Phone Post 3.0

Sponsorship money has little to do with the UFC, and if anything, they do more to hinder a fighter's ability to get sponsorships.

Sponsorship money has little to do with the UFC,

so they guys in LFC make the same amount in sponsor $?

does jon feel he should get more money because the ufc makes way more? no one is forcing him to fight for a living

I like Fitch, but the standard question to anyone who complains about how much they got paid is, "if you thought this was too little money, then why did you sign the contract?"

I mean he obviously found it to be somewhat agreeable since he signed it and continued to re-sign with the UFC. There are a lot of guys who wish they could be making $176,000 a year.

Best of luck to him in WSoF.

Awhile back he posted saying that he needed money because he bought a second house that he couldn't afford. Who buys another house when they can't afford it? Used to love the Grinder now not so much. If your making 176k per show then your doing better than most and you get to do something you love. You choose that life and to buy things you can't afford now deal with it. Phone Post 3.0

Nuevo Haole - 

Sponsorship money has little to do with the UFC,

so they guys in LFC make the same amount in sponsor $?

Terrible argument.

Just like the guys in the Arena Football League don't make the same endorsment revenue that the guys in the NFL make.  Do the Cowboys consider Romo's endorsements part of his compensation?  No--not ever. 

The UFC, by their own procolamation, is the "NFL" of MMA--that is why the sponsorship levels are higher.  Talent.

I think Jon does put up a good argument. The promoters take the lions share of the money in the UFC compared to boxing where its the talent that takes most of the money on the big name fighter cards.

Jon left out his sponsorship money but he also left out UFC's sponsorship money they rake in so its fair.

Its why the UFC claims the fighter can talk about their pay when in reality their contract says they arent allowed to tell people anything about their contract. By keeping people in the dark you can then talk generically but how great your fighters are getting paid without really giving a number and then pretending its the fighters that dont want their salary to be exposed while maintaining a gag order behind the scenes. If word got around at how low the total payouts per ppv to the talent was it could become an issue.

Good for Jon to tell his side of the story.

The carriers, it is believed, also now receive a split of 45%--not 50-60% that Fitch mentioned.  In 2005, the split was 55% to the carriers.  That split has reversed due to the UFC being the top provider of PPV.