"Jon Jones and I made a deal" - DFW Jr.

http://www.fightcove.com/dana-white-makes-a-deal-jon-jones-no-talking-about-greg-jackson/

Remember this?

“When I sat down with Jon Jones and we talked I made a deal with Jon – so I’m not going to say anything about Greg Jackson,” White told a group of reporters after the UFC on FUEL TV 5 post-fight press conference in Nottingham.

“I will keep my big mouth shut about Greg Jackson. That’s part of my deal with Jones.”

So now we know what Jones had to agree to. Jones gets DFW off his back for 151, and agrees to stop criticizing Jackson. In return Jones has to do TUF and fight Chael.

so Jones was punished by being forced to take the biggest ppv fight he's ever had?

MMALOGIC -

so Jones was punished by being forced to take the biggest ppv fight he's ever had?

You think it will be bigger than him vs rashad? Not likely. Phone Post

ObamaCare - 
da Vinci 81 - 
MMALOGIC -

chael sonnen lost his PPV draw after 2 terrible title fight performances and barely being able to handle bisping.

Yeah, but after a stint of talking shit through the entire season of TUF, the mouth breathers will come out in droves to see him.

I bet his fight over jones beats any jones PPV.

I imagine Jones is going make a boatload of $$ on this one, and he relishes the opportunity to show that Sonnen never deserved the second Silva opportunity, let alone a chance to be in the Octagon with the 205 champ.

clattymine -
ObamaCare - 
da Vinci 81 - 
MMALOGIC -

chael sonnen lost his PPV draw after 2 terrible title fight performances and barely being able to handle bisping.

Yeah, but after a stint of talking shit through the entire season of TUF, the mouth breathers will come out in droves to see him.

He talked lots of trash against anderson before their first fight and only did around 600k I think. It wasn't until after he proved he was a threat to him that they did around the 1mil mark for the second one. He won't be seen as a threat against bones and I'll bet the numbers reflect that. Phone Post

clattymine - 
ObamaCare - 
da Vinci 81 - 
MMALOGIC -

Yep and easily.

ObamaCare - 
da Vinci 81 - 
MMALOGIC -

I remember the two fights with AS, neither of which was "terrible", actually one was far and away the best performance ever in the UFC against Silva. Who did he fight in the 2 "terrible" performances you mention?

Chael will be far and away the weathiest MMA fighter to have never won a major title. That probably belonged to Koschek or Bisping previously.

I don't think Jones is being punished. But I think that Jones truly believes that Sonnen doesn't deserve the fight regardless of how well the PPV could sell after Sonnen spends 2-3 months running his mouth on TV.

And I'm not 100% sure Jones is interested in doing TUF.

This reeks of a Dana White idea. And in order to get Jones to go along with it, White agreed not badmouth Jones or Jackson in the press.

I believe OP is spot on. 

17 days ago, that meeting took place.

14 days ago, a "random" promo of Chael/Jones is made http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2069924

HolyAvengerP5 - nick diaz vs kos -- that would be epic shit talk and for sure lots of drama and would finish up with a good fight. but lets do this WWF faggot shit instead.

ty

Yup, the shit talk would be EPIC between those two. Not to mention it would be a good and competitive fight, AND its not tieing up a belt either. Phone Post

ObamaCare -
da Vinci 81 - 
MMALOGIC -

You went full Retard..... Phone Post

ObamaCare -
da Vinci 81 - 
MMALOGIC -

2 terrible performances? It was at least as good as Hendo's 2 UFC title performances Phone Post