Jon Jones took steroids to prolong his career

Jones could have fought shogun in a ring, a cage, a street, a YAMMA pit, a moat surrounded by crocodiles. That fight would have ended the same.

Jones in the time in took from his first pro fight to champion was just under three years. Most amateur debut guys might have one or two pro fights in the sane time.

I have friends who stayed amateur longer than it took Jones to go from his first pro fight to champion.

They are all on roids

1 Like

The minimal training narrative is an excuse people give when they underperform or lose.

Unless you are saying you had minimal training before the fight/performance, then it is simply an excuse.

Don’t be a parrot and just repeat and spread such excuses.

2 Likes

Does this not prove how shallow the division was? Him waiting for heavyweight to be trash before moving up reinforces this.

1 Like

Jones has a fight schedule rivaled only by Mayweather. It’s smart to pick and choose the way he did. But to overlook it is disingenuous.

Jones never said that. I know people who know him very well and said he showed up in Albuquerque less than a week before they had to go to wherever the fight was. He didn’t spar one round for that fight. Jones never used that as an excuse.

I seem to remember him saying he never trained for at least one of his fights. Just watched fights on YouTube or something like that.

And what was the first thing Jones did? target the rehabbed knee with oblique kicks.

1 Like

His performance in the rematches kinda proves it

2 Likes

He cherry picked when he wanted to move up to heavyweight but he still would have beat Ngannou. Ngannou here’s taken down by lightweights at Couture’s in straight wrestling.

Only time, age. injury USADA and his coke habit will ever get the better of him. He beat everyone at LHW more than once. He made 205 and early on his pro career didn’t weigh more than 210 on fight night. He cut very little weight. Because he was naturally larger than his opponent that does weaken his case at all.

Khabib wrestling since he’s 4 doesn’t diminish his win over porier because he didn’t wrestle until he was 18. Saying someone isn’t as great because they have a larger frame is absurd.

By that logic Stephen streuve should have never lost.

Virtually all of those were over the hill by the time Jones fought them.

Machida and Belfort weren’t at 205 during that phase of their careers.

Jackson was over the hill, Shogun over the hill (you can watch Jones documentary they show all of Jones’ opponents shredding Shogun), Bader lost to Glover BADLY in UFC, Evans over the hill, Sonnen over the hill not real 205er.

His only legitimate opponents were Gustafson, Teixeira, and Cormier.

4 Likes

It is an excuse any way you cut it.
Gus pieced him up for almost 4 rounds and lost a decision somehow.

No offense but you saying you know people that say he didn’t train much is just third or fourth-hand information.

I don’t doubt he slacked off in some camps, but it doesn’t change the fact that he lost on points a few fights and ended up with a judges decision and looked very average in other fights(OSP, etc…)

1 Like

LHW is weaker now than it was back then. Do you think jones would have struggled with Alex Pererria or prochazka, or Jamal hill. I could assure he wouldn’t have. The only way he looked human was when he was bored.

I despised jones and wanted him to lose. He won the 5th and final round.

It’s not third and forth hand information. I coached guys who sparred with him at Jackson’s and they said he wasn’t there. I used to coach his college roommate who he stayed tight with.

2 Likes

He’s a dirtbag for sure but a great strategist.

1 Like

Gus was injured by the illegal groin strike in early round 1.
Watch the fight.

That fight was many years later and they really had little to do with each other.

Plus let us not forget the event was moved to a different state due to Jon failing drug tests. Testing loopholes were created, Event was moved. How do you justify all of that?..

3 Likes

Does winning the 5th round win you the fight? Or maybe the 4th and 5th round?

Not from what I saw.

Like I said I am not sure who you are or the validity of your claims…no offense.

Fact is that it is an excuse for his poor performance…Jon was a 7 or 8:1 favorite that night…and he ended up in a bad way by the end of it.

If he chose not to train that is on him. It shouldn’t be used as a reason to dismiss his performance or to diminish Gustafsons performance.

1 Like

I wanted him to lose. I had it 2-2 going into the fifth. Gustafson was putting the pace on him and on his way to winning that fight and Jones pulled it out with that spinning elbow.

I hate spinning shit. It blows up in your face most every time. I’ve yelled at grown men who could pound my face if they wanted to for throwing spinning shit because I think it’s so risky. Jones pulled that fight out.

2 Likes