Jon Jones took steroids to prolong his career

Jones fought an average of once every two years and got to pick and choose when he came back and who was at the top of the division each time.

Had he not been suspended for an accumulative five years of his career, he would have suffered way more injuries, had to defend his unbeaten record way more times, and eventually nobody would care because he wasn’t constantly coming back from controversy. He also didn’t have the discipline to stay hungry when he was active and everyone knows this because he himself said he was out partying all the time and didn’t care.

Sound familiar? Kind of like Conor.

8 Likes

They do share or seem to share some terrible traits. Chael was on about conner coming out as a pothead lol little does he know thats most likely the least of his issues.

2 Likes

Colby and jones were roomates and said that when he was on a cycle he would turn into an even bigger arsehole than he normally was, so that’s going way back.

2 Likes

No I mean I literally think that Jones was just getting popped for roids to take planned extended breaks from fighting in order to prolong his career and have the least amount of risk of losing his undefeated fame.

Even if he did. Who honestly cares? This site hated USADA and celebrated their axe from the promotion. This site is riddled with Pride FC fans. There was no drug testing in Pride FC

JBJ is not only the greatest mma fighter of all time, he’s the greatest combat sports athlete of all time

5 Likes

How can he be the best if he took a 5 year break during his prime?

If anything, all that says is that the UFC’s 205 division has been overrated for a very long time.

A major part of being the best at anything is actually being there. You can’t be the best at any job if you’re calling in sick half the time. No matter how good of a job you do.

8 Likes

That’s not something I factor in at all

I look at wins/losses, strength of schedule, and eye test

He not only passes all 3 of those, he’s the best at all 3 of those categories

1 Like

This is my biggest beef with him.

1 Like

Not sure how

Tell me which one of those guys wasn’t well past their prime by the time Jones got to them?

5 Likes

They were all good enough to earn title shots

1 Like

JBJ v. Shogun was the worst Beatdown in a ufc title fight ever. Shogun was fresh off a KO over machida. Most of us had him winning the first fight too

Speaking of machida, what JBJ did to him was FILTHY

1 Like

They had names big enough to build on. UFC isn’t fixed but there’s a lot of favoritism at play. Jones is the shining example of this.

2 Likes

Shogun tore his knee up in the Machida Rematch before he KOed Lyoto

So he was also less than a year removed from reconstructive knee surgery and rehab

You left that part out Boss

Fresh off a KO 11 months earlier and also fresh off another Knee surgery…so really wasn’t that “Fresh” at all

4 Likes

Regardless, it’s my personal belief JBJ woulda done the same thing to him in his prime even in a Pride ring. It’s just a bad matchup for Rua. He can’t reach JBJs chin and he can’t put grapple Jon from bottom position

Jones didn’t plan on getting popped for roids. He was just a sociopath who doesn’t think anything he does will catch up to him. A guy that calculated wouldn’t fuck up in life as much as Jones did.

Anyone who says anyone other than jones is the greatest of all time doesn’t know what they are looking at. Jones fought from 22 or so until now and he’s never lost. He did this all while being a part time fighter and full time drug addict. Which actually makes it even more impressive.

Without Jon jones, Daniel Cormier would easily be considered the greatest. He would he we lost because he wouldn’t have fought past his self imposed retirement date of 40.

Prime Cain Velasquez is the scariest fighter of all time. In his prime cain had the cardio of a featherweight. He was terrifying but his body fell apart on him and he damaged legacy by fighting past his prime.

Khabib is the most dominant of all time. Even the rounds people say he lost he didn’t. He did no real damage against tibau but he did win the fight. The tibau fight may have been what convinced him to get on PEDS himself.

Georges st. Pierre is easily the best person to ever step foot in the cage. He is one of the nicest human beings I’ve ever met and conversed with in my life. Because of Usman’s current skid you could most likely say Georges is the best Welterweight of all time. He’s easily top 5 of any fighter at all weight classes. He’s truly a remarkable person. To see the patience he has when interacting with the public is humbling. He takes the time to make sure each person who approaches him has a pleasant interaction even if he’d prefer to just quietly go about his business. He’s a wonderful person that gives everyone his time and actually pays attention to what each person says to him. Whenever I’d see him he’d always ask me questions about what we spoke about when I saw him last. The only opponent georges didn’t take serious was Matt Serra. Jones never took anyone serious.

But Jones fought a murders row from 23-36 and never lost while maintaining a full time drug habit and alcohol problem

2 Likes

Yes
Bad matchup

Let us not forget the prolific eye pokes and eye rakes in that fight
Jones did hurt him with the opening flying knee so maybe didn’t need all the pokes and rakes but he chose to do so and therefore put an asterisk on that fight like he has so many others

I only meant to point out that while Rua had just beaten the previous champ twice in a row and lastly by KO…he was not the same fighter health wise and really never kicked the same again for his entire career…that Knee surgery changed him…The Rua Jon fought was not the Rua that Lyoto fought, and that is what your previous post was claiming

Just wanted to correct your post.

Jon is great, but he has put a lot of asterisks on his career. How great he truly is or could have been will always be in question because of his personal choices both inside(fouls) and outside the ring(Frequent PED usage)

2 Likes

Most everyone Jones fought was smaller than him. As soon as someone was as long as him he got boxed up and sparked the whole, “you have to beat the champ definitively to take the belt” debate when he squeaked out the win on the judges cards.

Jones is clearly an elite level fighter, but he wouldn’t have an unblemished record without a lot of outside help regarding matchmaking, looking the other way on positive drug tests, and leniency of authorities on his degenerate behavior outside the ring.

3 Likes

Summed up what I was getting at better than I did.

1 Like

He won those fights with minimal training. He beat DC and Gus the first times with partying more than training

Then look at what he did in the rematches when he took them more serious

3 Likes