Jon Jones v Stipe Signed

Prime Shogun would’ve got did the same way.

10 Likes

I don’t agree but the argument is there to be made.

2 Likes

you’re dead right

5 Likes

I dont give two shits about Jones beating up the left over of Francis.

3 Likes

He was the man but he wasn’t in his prime lol.

Not sure how I feel about Jones vs Pride Shogun going the same way though. Probably not…but maybe.:thinking:

3 Likes

I like to give him shit for ducking a late notice opponent switch but…my real suspicion is that he got ahead of himself when the fight initially fell through and did something that ruined any chance of him passing a test, so he had to pass on the easy win that presented itself.

2 Likes

I hope Stipe gets injured and this joke of a fight is scrapped.

7 Likes

I won’t wish injury on Stipe but was hoping Stipe would just retire and we could get to see Jones vs Pavlovich instead of this shitty fight.

Stipe getting rewarded with a title fight after getting KOed by Ngannou and not fighting for two years is just disgusting.

5 Likes

That sounds kinda bad. I don’t really wish him harm, just that…this fight sucks! God damnit Jon

2 Likes

Machida yes, DC yes, other guys were smaller by division OR old literally their last one or two fights before retirement xD , or he was gifted decision?
Not hater but to say Shogun was at his best or reshad or even glover lol? Dude moved like he was 44yo, Santos without two knee caps ? I dont get it why even have them in discussion then they weren’t at their best as Stipe is now at his worst you fking goofball

1 Like

I think it’s only fair that stipe gets another shot. He never got his trilogy fight with Francis. Not to mention all he has done at heavyweight.

Not fighting for years and not winning your last fight is a terrible premise for your title shot.

UFC knows they can’t get away with that shit very often but they can market this one to the casuals because of Jones.

Stipe also got a title shot coming off his last L too.

Got his 1st title shot off a two fight win streak and the last one was a win over Arlovski.

Its been six years since Stipe was a really active fighter.

Thats not the guy to reward with Jones 1st title defense when Pavlovich is out there doing all the work in recent years.

Title shots should not be about what you did three years ago.

2 Likes

Ufc will try to sell Stipe as longest title regein heavyweight holder ever and Jon as beating the best heavyweight ufc ever had, making Jon the ultimate fighter :joy:

Dana White Wink GIF by Jake Martella

3 Likes

I hear you but to be fair to Stipe he has given us some really memorable moments in the octagon on the back of some awesome performances. I for one am just happy to see him get one last big fight before he inevitably retires in the near future.

2 Likes

Yeah its often pretty subjective as to who should get the next shot and I can see why people want Stipe to get it.

Jones, Ngannou and Stipe being very inactive the past couple years made me lose interest in the division for a while there so I’m just glad Almeida, Pavlovich, Aspinall etc… have been climbing the ranks while Volkov, Tybura, Gane and Blaydes have stayed active or there would not be much of a division to watch. I mean, UFC has a HW on their roster who is 4-11 in the promotion and his wins are over fighters who are like 2-16 in the promotion.

ONE’s HW champ has not been fighting at all either plus Bellator booked Bader vs Kongo II as one of their title fights last year so its just easy to lose interest in HW MMA in recent years but hopefully things get interesting again.

3 Likes

Vitor was trt Vitor. Rashad came down from HW. He beat everyone. I never said shogun was in his prime. You made that up. He (Jones) beat the undefeated and reigning LHW champ (who had beaten the previously undefeated champ Rashad) to win the belt.

2 Likes

That was kind of a crazy time and made me question if the division was what I thought it was back then.

Undefeated Machida unseats undefeated Rashad (who took the title from Forrest Griffin lol), then gets dominated by the ghost of Shogun twice.

Either way, I was pretty pumped when Shogun kicked Machida’s ass. Twice. At that point, people were still expecting the Shogun that fought Griffin and Coleman and thought the matchup was a joke. But then “surprise!..Machida defends leg kicks like a Diaz” lol.

1 Like

Rashad after jones become not very good…
Vitor was hit or miss, good if you tried to strike with him
I think Rashad had two big moments the high kick and Liddell ko
His fight against Rampage sums it up, lay and pray fighter
Machida is legit win, but the guy could be ww…

1 Like

I hear where you’re coming from but Stipe has better shot at beating Jon than Francis.

1 Like