Jon Jones v Stipe Signed

I knew Rashas dropped off big time but I had no idea that he has a loss to Sam Alvey. wow

1 Like

just saw a video of phil baroni explaining the reason why pride fighters mostly lost after they came to the ufc. he said itā€™s because they thought you couldnā€™t take gear. so the ufc guys were juiced and they werenā€™t

3 Likes

Stipe has fought the same 2 guys for 5 and a half years, has a record of 3-2 against them, hasnā€™t fought in 2 years and gets an immediate title shot. Now the media is gonna make him sound like the greatest thing that ever lived and Jones beating him somehow cements his legacy.

3 Likes

What would you like the company to do, promote their champ by making his opponent look weak ?Man you would be a great promoter

1 Like

Dude its like after all these years Jones need to fight cans to build a record :joy: he should face the apex of roaster and not about to retire fighters, its just makes company a joke, as it is

Most the people on here think that Jones beating a HW with no groundgame for a vacant belt cements his legacy.

Didnā€™t he face one in his last fight? Or is Gane a can now?

Jones by KTFO!!!

Gane is fine, but why to take a step back now :laughing:

Stipe is very decorated, so as everyone says, he probably wants that notch on his belt.

That said though, donā€™t count Stipe out. With Francis he had to deal with massive power and explosiveness. With Jones itā€™s all more equalized. Itā€™s still Jon Jones, but at least he does not have to worry about the overwhelming power and he can hold his own in wrestling. Stipe is a better striker than Jones.

I am not saying Stipe is going to be win, but this could be a competitive fight.

Whatā€™s next for Jones after that though? Seems only Pavlovich or maybe Aspinal, depending on if he can come back successfully from the injury.

Pavlovich has massive power, but I donā€™t believe Jones will have many issues with him.

3 Likes

In terms of what is next for Jonesā€¦well he said this could be his last fight but he said other times he could fight again this year.

Before the Gane fight he said Iā€™m for sure fighting two more times.

Chael was speculating that Jonā€™s plan could be to beat Stipe and then ā€œretireā€ and see if a credible champ can build a name and get a defense or two and then he could return again and attempt to beat that guy whether it is Pavlovich, Aspinall, Almeida or whoever. Point is it would be a bigger fight for Jon in 2025 than anything the sport can offer him right now and he is still young enough to pull that type of move. Would be kinda like that GSP move but but without the change in weight from where he is now.

1 Like

I donā€™t get why he wouldnā€™t just beat Stipe then fight and probably beat Sergei as well then retire for good

That would be a solid HW title run considering how awful the division is and how he took 3 years off before making the move to HW

I made that thread a few weeks ago about how Jones would be wise to fight Sergei sooner rather than later. The longer he waits the better Sergei can get at wrestling defense and overall grappling

I really think he should fight him asap

Well like Chael was saying, if he beats Stipe and then defends vs a challenger without a ton of hypeā€¦ thats just a 2nd defense. If he ā€œretiresā€ and returns and wins the belt again vs a champion who has hypeā€¦thats bigger.

As to what Jon ends up doing in reality, who knows.

Personally Iā€™d love to see him fight at HW for the next three years like 6x just to see what he could do but I would not bank on that

2 Likes

Same. As LHW champ he was active and ran through the entire division

He was young at the time though and took very minimal damage up until the Gus fight. Heā€™s older now so who knows how capable he is of being active these days. He most certainly could have fought again this summer though since the only strike he absorbed against Gane was a nut shot

i think Stipe will take it, but what do i know.

IMG_8775

2 Likes

Yep, this fight sucks. And the narrative that Stipe is some GOAT makes it suck even more.

Its either Pavlovich gonna earn more experience or he will show to Jones his weaknesses

Heā€™s the GOAT UFC HWā€¦but that was years ago. Heā€™s not what he used to be.