Jon Jones vs Cain Velasquez, How would it go down?

there’s never been a hw fighter who put a pace on like cain. that and the wrestling and relentless ground and pound makes him my number 2 hw ever. behind fedor. even though i feel confident that he may have beat fedor during his later carreer. now that jones is hw i may have to re think it. but jones has one or two more fights max i think.

that’s not true when they trained. according to gym memebers.

2 Likes

I’d take credentials over gym talk.

2 Likes

Prime Cain probably wins

1 Like

I’ll fuckin laugh if Jones beats 2-3 hand picked over the hill fighters and then claims to be the greatest heavyweight that ever lived. I mean the fact that they wanna resurrect Stipe to fight this guy is laughable

1 Like

Who else is there for Jones to fight? Stipe is first, then Blades, and the division needs to play out a bit

so you think dc cut all the way down to 205, which he hated, to be a good friend to cain? that’s crazy. if he could’ve beat cain he would’ve competed at hw like he always did. not made a massive cut that almost killed him.

Daniel Cormier Dancing GIF by UFC

Cain would get beaten into a living death. He’s an aggressive DC with worse wrestling and chin, slightly better hands and kicks, zero submission offense or defense, tested against a way less diverse group of fighters.

4 Likes

No, it’s not crazy. Cain was in the UFC first and was looked at as a future champ off the bat. DC was a good teamate.

1 Like

This, Jones wasn’t a good teammate and he chose to challenge for the title when Joe Rogan presented and asked him into octagon, when it was obvious, Rashad was the go-to guy at the time. Just like Cain was the go-to guy at heavyweight at AKA ,DC could have fought him. But why risk losing a friendship when you can just cut weight and go down to a lower weight class and it worked out for him because Cain ended up falling off. I think any version of Jon Jones beats Cain.

2 Likes

Didn’t he fight the same guy for 3 years?

1 Like

He only fought two different guys in 5 fights over the course of years.

1 Like

No evidence of this whatsoever

Why do a bunch of people keep saying Cain’s chin was suspect?
Before he learned to tighten up his striking defense, he was dropped a couple times by Kongo, who was pretty scary at the time, but popped right back up and didn’t looked stunned or wobbly AT ALL.
He then caught a flush overhand from prime JDS, who, lets be real, could have knocked out a rhino.

I believe Cain gets the TKO over Jones.
Cain and DC had similar styles, except Cain was UBER aggressive and gave his opponents no room to breath or get set up.
I think Jones would get overwhelmed and finished by the second round

1 Like

That “uber aggressiveness” would play right in to Jones hands.

I expect the fight to go the same as Jones vs DC 2 did, only It’s a quicker finish for Jones.

2 Likes

DC did pretty good in both fights, but he’s nowhere near as relentless as Cain was.
Cain wasn’t a brawler type of aggressive… Showed more of a tactical aggression that overwhelmed pretty much everyone he fought.
Prime Cain was a legit problem