JON JONES VS STIPE MIOCIC AT UFC 282

Slight edge to Jones I guess.

Its almost a novelty fight at this point though. Stipe is now in his 40s, Jones was last seen getting questionable decisions over LHWs who went on to get wrecked repeatedly after. Its still a big fight because of the names involved but its not the fight it would have been 4-5 years ago.

Jones annihilate stipe

Excited Lets Go GIF by UFC

1 Like

Jones via 2012 Elbows

Jones doesn’t standing KO people so I’m not sure the cracked chin will be a factor.

:full_moon_with_face::full_moon_with_face::full_moon_with_face::full_moon_with_face:

“They don’t fight” needs to be an option in the poll

1 Like

I’d rather see them both just retire at this point. All they do is make that terrible division even slower than ever. HW is dogshit right now.

Thank god the greatest division in the history of the sport is on display right now at LW because HW is a terrible division and Jones is a horrible person and the sport will be better once he is retired for good.

At least MW should be good next year.

2 Likes

If the fight even happens I see JBJ beating the absolute piss outta old man Stipe

2 Likes

they been saying this fight will happen since turn of the century

1 Like

Kevin Holland took more UFC fights in a single year than Jones, Stipe and Ngannou have had in the past NINE combined years.

The division is on life support at this point.

3 Likes

To me this feels like two retired guys I kinda forgot about coming back for a fight.

1 Like

Block me

I don’t know when Jones’ latest suspension is up, but when he does fight at HW, he’ll make it look as bad as it really is. And I hate the fucking guy.

1 Like

I’ve not seen one thread that cares about the PFL or Bellator HW divisions. Same can be said for ONE.

Even in UFC
how many big HW fights are signed?

2 Likes

UFC never needed Stipe Jones either.

Last night was the 2nd biggest gate in MSG event in arena history and UFC already holds the #1 spot.

UFC just sold out their 26th event in a row and the fucking post fight press conference has over a million views already on UFC’s youtube channel so imagine what the actual PPV event numbers look like.

The UFC HW division is bad and UFC clearly does no need it to be good to be successful.

Jones, Stipe and Ngannou don’t mean as much to MMA and UFC as people think.

If Stipe vs Jones actually did get added to the card last night
how many more buys would the event get?

Finally lol

About damm time.

Styles make fights. Jones isn’t a monster 1 shot KO guy, he’s an incredibly well rounded fighter with a lot of tricks, an amazing chin and a lot of other intangibles.

That said, I picked John to walk through Gaines, but I think this is a more competitive fight.

I see it going 3 to 4 rounds. I think Jones wears Stipe down, but I think he gives him much more trouble than Gaines, possibly rocking Jones in the fight.

1 Like

is it 2018?

Stipe by rolling kneebar

1 Like