Jon Jones šŸ vs Tom Aspinall

Jon Jones is the best in the land. It is a fact. Since 2011 Jon has been champion and it did not take long for the world to notice Jon was great.

Jon embodies the word great, even till this day. A career of pure excellence inside the cage. Not a role model Jon will never be. But Jon somehow defied all odds and constantly won, he constantly beat, for he is the greatest in the land. The king.

All kings eventually lose their thrones, at least in this sport. Itā€™s unusual for a man to achieve greatness and keep it till they retire.

Although it seems like Khabib Nurmagmedov is the only fighter to achieved this. Jon Jones is still fighting and willing to risk his perfect record.

Everyone wants to beat Jon Jones and take some of the greatness of his legacy. Fabricio Werdum upset Fedor Emelianenko and will always be remembered for being the first man to beat Fedor. Tom Aspinall is that guy. He wants to beat Jon Jones.

Heā€™s fast, he can take down a heavyweight with an amazing double leg. He can avoid punches and also has an incredible ability to finish fights. Out of his 13 wins he has 10 KO/TKOā€™s and 3 submissions. He also finishes his fights real fast. Usually in a few minutes.

Jon Jones is the greatest, but heā€™s not the greatest heavyweight of all time. In fact Jones is relatively new as a heavyweight and lacks experience. Aspinall might be the faster heavyweight, although Iā€™m sure some would call that a crazy comment. He might have more power as a heavyweight. He also might be better at taking down a big man. He has so many skills but Jon Jones holds one intangible. Jon Jones is the greatest at beating another man. Jones is perfection.

In the battle Jon Jones vs Tom Aspinall who do you favor? I give Aspinall a chance here, he really does have the skills to beat Jones. Would I doubt Jon Jones? No, you simply just canā€™t doubt Jones.

Iā€™d favor Jones as itā€™s still hard to trust a UK fighterā€™s wrestling vs. the elite until we actually see it.

Will be nice (and a better ending to his career) if Jones can be convinced to stick around and face Aspinall or Pavlovich before he retires. Maybe at UFC 300 next year.

1 Like

Bro, I see you going along and liking my posts. Reach out and Iā€™d be happy to help.

1 Like

Tom wins 8/10 times if they fight

1 Like

Jon retires before the fight is ever made so that means you give the W to Aspinall.

Sergei and Aspinall are too credible as HW contenders for Jon to duck them without looking like heā€™s running, which he will anyway.

He should do the honourable thing and pass the torch to them.

2 Likes

Even he retired right now heā€™d have fought in the UFC WAY longer than Khabib did and achieved much more.

Jones will never take that fight. Probably retires after beating 40s Stipe and calls himself HW goat.

I think this fight never happens. Jon isnā€™t going to be fighting the young elite HWā€™sā€¦ he beats an aged out Stipe, collects his check and calls it a career.

1 Like

I donā€™t get the hate for thisā€¦Jon has more MMA fights and was already the LHW champ before Stipe even had his first UFC fight. I donā€™t think thereā€™s anything wrong with wanting to fight the top HW of his era

He was heavily doubted by many before he fought Gane, he looked very beatable in his last few LHW fightsā€¦but he showed the gap in grappling skill was massive with someone like Gane. Aspinall would be a much tougher test for sure. Toss up imo

Iā€™m not hating, Jon has nothing left to prove, good for him.

1 Like

Tom is on a 1 fight win streakā€¦ Lol

Canā€™t tell if youā€™re trolling or if you just looked at his fight record and donā€™t remember that fight with Blaydes lol

Jones is not going to fight anyone that is a legit threat.
Stipe could win but he is way past his prime.