Jonathan Goulet opens up on his depression

Hope he’s doing alright and does alright.

Saw both those fights in Canada. He was always entertaining as hell.

Jay Hieron must hate Canadians lol. Got whipped by GSP and Goulet in their UFC debuts.

Lucas Maximus - 

we fought as the swing bout for anderson silva vs chris leben, but they were running out of time on spike tv so they sent silva and leben out first,  the match was quick so i ended up being the main event on spike tv that night lol.  goulet got me down up against the cage and elbowed me on the top of my head and my vision went whiteout for a moment, i believe that was the most damaging blow i ever received in fighting, symptoms of mtbi of course from all the sparring and other strikes in fights but that was the one that sticks out.  i have depression and anxiety too but his symptoms may be worse because he was knocked out and also i believe was a steroid user and that exacerbates the issue

wow , been a while so i had forgot about that. Awesome post Luke !

Jon is one of the sweetest people I've ever met. 

1 Like
Steven McTowelie -

Jay Hieron must hate Canadians lol. Got whipped by GSP and Goulet in their UFC debuts.

GSP's debut was against Karo, not Hieron

mikethecricket -
Lucas Maximus -

we fought as the swing bout for anderson silva vs chris leben, but they were running out of time on spike tv so they sent silva and leben out first,  the match was quick so i ended up being the main event on spike tv that night lol.  goulet got me down up against the cage and elbowed me on the top of my head and my vision went whiteout for a moment, i believe that was the most damaging blow i ever received in fighting, symptoms of mtbi of course from all the sparring and other strikes in fights but that was the one that sticks out.  i have depression and anxiety too but his symptoms may be worse because he was knocked out and also i believe was a steroid user and that exacerbates the issue

I just deduced who you are.  I had no idea you were such an accomplished fighter.  Hespect.

No offense, just my ignorance, but who is this  Lucas maximus? 

Kings21 -
mikethecricket -
Lucas Maximus -

I just deduced who you are.  I had no idea you were such an accomplished fighter.  Hespect.

The original og of urine drinking and a bad ass TUF veteran!

1 Like
Kings21 -
mikethecricket -
Lucas Maximus -

Are these joke posts?

InTheClosetCucumberBoy -
Kings21 -
mikethecricket -
Lucas Maximus -

Are these joke posts?

LIke I said, pure ignorance. Maybe you'll excuse me for not knowing everything about everyone in the sport. You always have the option to just answer the question.

1 Like
Kings21 -
InTheClosetCucumberBoy -
Kings21 -
mikethecricket -
Lucas Maximus -

Are these joke posts?

LIke I said, pure ignorance. Maybe you'll excuse me for not knowing everything about everyone in the sport. You always have the option to just answer the question.

It’s tank Abbott 

1 Like
Kings21 -
InTheClosetCucumberBoy -
Kings21 -
mikethecricket -
Lucas Maximus -

Are these joke posts?

Luke Cummo

3 Likes

I liked Goulet alot and was excited for his first UFC fights. He was a helluva fighter and some fights didn't go his way, but he was a warrior and gets my respect. I'm sure most of the long time fans who remember him feel the same. I hope he is doing well these days.

Kings21 - 
mikethecricket -
Lucas Maximus -

Get out.

Leave the UG.

Now.

MayorPirkle -
Steven McTowelie -

GSP's debut was against Karo, not Hieron

Damn! Maybe that was Hieron’s debut.

Captain Canuck -
Kings21 - 
mikethecricket -
Lucas Maximus -

Get out.

Leave the UG.

Now.

Eat my asshole

Maybe years are sparring cause depression

Or maybe it takes fucked up people to even consider paying to be members of a gym where u get punched in the head.

Maybe both.

I mean smokers live 7 years shorter lives than non smokers.

But of course I’m betting smokers eat fattier foods and tend to be less likely to go on long jobs a couple times a week.

Kings21 -
Captain Canuck -
Kings21 -
mikethecricket -
Lucas Maximus -

we fought as the swing bout for anderson silva vs chris leben, but they were running out of time on spike tv so they sent silva and leben out first, the match was quick so i ended up being the main event on spike tv that night lol. goulet got me down up against the cage and elbowed me on the top of my head and my vision went whiteout for a moment, i believe that was the most damaging blow i ever received in fighting, symptoms of mtbi of course from all the sparring and other strikes in fights but that was the one that sticks out. i have depression and anxiety too but his symptoms may be worse because he was knocked out and also i believe was a steroid user and that exacerbates the issue

I just deduced who you are. I had no idea you were such an accomplished fighter. Hespect.

No offense, just my ignorance, but who is this Lucas maximus?

Get out.

Leave the UG.

Now.

Eat my asshole

Depression sucks :frowning:

Kratom and 5htp.