Jones needs to be stripped of the belt

Considering there’s a current UFC HW Interim champion, Tom Aspinall, current UFC HW Champion, Jon Jones, should be fighting him next.

If Jones vs Stipe is still next, Jones should be stripped of the belt. Enough of this nonsense, allowing Jones to simply take legacy fights for no good reason.

5 Likes

Current UFC heavyweight champion Jon Jones is expected to fight former 265-pound titleholder Stipe Miocic at some point in summer 2024, once “Bones” finishes healing from the recent pectoral injury that canceled their UFC 295 pay-per-view (PPV) main event.

If Jones prevails, the promotion will ask him to unify the heavyweight titles against newly-crowned interim champion Tom Aspinall to close out 2024. Bettors looking to jump on that action early can grab Jones as the -140 (5/7) betting favorite through BetOnline.ag.

Aspinall opened as the betting underdog at +120 (6/5).
The British phenom steamrolled fellow heavyweight contender Sergei Pavlovich in the UFC 295 co-headliner last weekend in New York. While it seems like a colossal waste of time (and talent) to keep Aspinall benched, UFC CEO Dana White is sticking with Jones vs. Miocic.

“You do those two,” White said at the UFC 295 post-fight press conference. “Those two both deserve that fight. That’s the fight they want. What I love is that Jon Jones, as soon as he heard he was injured and he knew how bad it was, went right to L.A., got the surgery, and he’s already in rehab … physical therapy, I should say.”

As for Aspinall?

It makes sense Aspinall needs a fight before Jones is healed.

What doesn’t make sense is if he’s still the interim champion and the current “champion” Jones doesn’t fight him when he returns.

I won’t comment until we find out what Matt Brown and Henry Cejudo have to say about this

Jones should be stripped anyway, just for being a low life piece of shit.

3 Likes

That last part, if Jones is going to fight Stipe still he should be immediately stripped of the belt unless he fights Tom next. Agree :100:

1 Like

These temporary belts are nonsense.

If you can’t defend, you are not the champion. And I like Jones.

If they wanted to have a heavyweight title fight in December, who would they call? Aspinal. So he is the champion.

2 Likes