Jones Sees More Value in Miocic Fight Than Ngannou

Jones has failed to finish 7 of his last 9 fights.

STILL hasn’t fought at HW.

There was a time when Jones was active and the HW division was relatively stacked.
Did Jones step up?
No.
Why??
Because he would likely lose.

He hasn’t really shown true big-time power with his hands, and when he doesn’t have a size advantage he’s not nearly as dominant as his initial run over the aging LHWs of the previous eras.

These days he’s riding his record and reputation due to long stretches of inactivity – while he talks shit to a once again ageing division where the majority of it’s killers have fallen off over the past few years.

He is doing EXACTLY what I predicted he would do years ago!
Waiting until the right moment to make his HW run.

Jones isn’t competition driven,he is legacy driven.
He is not a “fighter’s fighter”, and at this point in his career not remotely interested in facing the toughest challenges.

He’s not the GOAT – that title belongs to Fedor.

And I still think Stipe beats him… although Jones probably drags this out yet another year – waiting for just the right time.

7 Likes

I feel like Jones wins this fight pretty easy. Age is a major factor and the HW wars Stipe has been in. As you all know, damage adds up. This fight would have been great 5 years ago, but now, meh. Jones should be fighting Francis not Stipe. Or give him a “tune-up” fight against one of the other HWs.

LOL.

Jones brain health agrees.

2 Likes

I’'m dying.

“sees more value”

I wonder what value he saw in sitting out for two years.

Over-under on this being a 4 year suspension for him?

He’s such a value-oriented individual.

3 Likes

Unfortunately he crushes Stipe, its the easier of the fights :frowning:

1 Like

Everything coming out of that piece of shit’s mouth is a lie. He sees it has an easier fight.

That said - Stipe will beat him.

3 Likes

Why do you think he wants that fight?

How do you see that fight going?

Similar to Reyes/Jones. Jones will not be aggressive enough (when’s the last time he was?)

1 Like

What makes you so sure? Jones is far better than DC. And Stipe is an old man now who’s had his chin cracked very badly twice now

2 Likes

I’ll give you that - if age has caught up to Stipe then he could lose.

And another thing - how many fighters have gone UP in weight class and been successful?

Jones was already showing signs of slowing down. He’s naturally gifted in terms of athleticism, but we know he hasn’t taken care of his body over the years with his rapant drug use.

It’ll be over 3 years since his last fight. He’s gotten older and put on a bunch of weight. You think he’s been working hard every day for 3 years. C’mon. His cardio will be shit and he’ll be extra risk-adverse.

Anderson Silva moved up to LHW 3x (DC fight doesn’t count) and knocked out 3 LHW’s all in the first round. Irvin. Forrest (former champ) and Bonnar

GSP moved up and beat Bisping by finish to win the MW belt

JBJ GSP and Silva are the 3 God’s of MMA. So why can’t jones

2 Likes

Can’t argue there. You are right - those are things that happened.

This is only proven at 205.

1 Like

One of the best examples would be Whittaker; moved up from 70-85 and won the belt.

2 Likes

Moved up to where he should have been all along. Same with Rumble.

1 Like

Jones is not “far better” than DC.
Both fights were close, and one could argue DC had a slight edge in the second fight before the KO.
And Jones didn’t fight DC at HW, where most feel DC was better.

If Jones is so much better than everyone, then why didn’t he finish 7 of his last 9 fights?

And he STILL hasn’t fought at HW!

We all know Jones is good – but tone down the hyperbole a little.

Sheesh.

2 Likes

How do you know Jones shouldn’t have been HW all along? Maybe he wouldn’t have even had fights at HW many argue he lost?

Jones literally knocked DC clean out lol