Jorge Masvidal Assures He's Making UFC Return: 'I'm definitely coming back'

2 Likes

MIAMI – It looks like Jorge Masvidal is not done with MMA just yet.

The inaugural BMF champion and longtime UFC welterweight contender assures that he’ll make a return to the octagon in the near future, despite now diving into the boxing world.

Masvidal retired from fighting in April 2023 after suffering a unanimous decision loss to Gilbert Burns at UFC 287. He recently announced his comeback, as he booked a return to combat sport in the form of a boxing match against Nate Diaz, which takes place June 1 at Kia Forum in Inglewood, Calif.

After Diaz, Masvidal is angling to box other big names, starting he wants three bouts before eventually fighting in MMA once again.

“I wouldn’t mind taking on Logan Paul and rearranging his face,” Masvidal told MMA Junkie following “The Baddest Tour” press conference on Wednesday. “He’s a hell of a fighter in boxing for being an influencer. He did some good things against (Floyd) Mayweather, but I think I can end that dude. I think I can fight Logan, get my hands on Mayweather, (Manny) Paquiao down the road. There are other guys I want to fight.

“And I’m definitely coming back to the UFC and get a W for my city, for my family, my kids and everybody that believes in me. I have to go back to the UFC.”

Masvidal was excited to see his home crowd of Miami cheering for him at the press conference. He believes the crowd got to Diaz, and he promises his people a string of wins to come.

“This was the one city I was looking extra forward to for obvious reasons,” Masvidal said. “I was born and raised here, and we produce a lot of motherf*ckers from here that do a lot of amazing things throughout their career. It’s a huge honor to have the city have my back, and I definitely had to come back to fighting. I couldn’t go out on an L, specially for this city. I have to get several W’s before I can hang it up, and that’s never been more clear in my mind.”

1 Like
1 Like

Donald Trump GIF by CBS News

6 Likes

Jim Carrey Whatever GIF

4 Likes

Masvidal vs Gaethje?

2 Likes

Masvidal is seriously the fucking Tatanka of MMA. Who the fuck is even rooting for him? Why does he exist?

4 Likes

Fake_Razor_Ramon

More like the fake Razor Ramon imo

4 Likes

Why why why also has his BK Org Gamebred BK

1 Like

So a guy who sucked at 35 is gonna come back at 40. Great

4 Likes

He can do all that, I digress, but absolutely fuck him as a fighter :raised_hands:t2::heart:

1 Like

Fuck him as a person too.

Mayweather? Pacquiao?

:rofl:

This fuckwit is taking his Phoney Montana role playing way too seriously. He needs to lay off the drugs.

tony montana GIF

3 Likes

Season 4 Success GIF by The Office

1 Like

Angry Season 1 GIF by Manifest

Masvidal was happy and proud to see his people have his back, and he believes it affected Diaz.

“It’s Dade County. I don’t give a fck who you are, you’re definitely going to feel the heat down here,” Masvidal told MMA Junkie. “From the moment you step up that fcking airplane and you hit that airport, you’re going to feel that heat, and he definitely felt it.

“He sees now why I’m so violent and why I give everything I got for my crowd. We’re just bred a little different down here. You can just tell from the football athletes we produce to the boxers, everything we do out here is violence.”

Masvidal and Diaz are scheduled to fight in a boxing bout on June 1 at Kia Forum in Inglewood, Calif. This is somewhat of a rematch, as the two previously fought in the UFC back in 2019. The fight ended in a doctor’s stoppage TKO win for Masvidal, who was crowned the inaugural BMF champion that night in Madison Square Garden.