Jose Aldo has more of a claim to GOAT than Khabib

Deal with it.

65 Likes

Episode 1 Slow Clap GIF by One Chicago

4 Likes

Whether or not you think Khabib is a better fighter, Aldo is hands down way more ACCOMPLISHED of an MMA fighter than Khabib.

For Khabib it’s 3 title defenses in 1 reign.

For Aldo it’s 7 title defenses, 9 if you include WEC which became the UFC belt, then he won it again.

It’s just a fact that Aldo has way more hardware which equates to accomplishments. Also, if you win 30 fights in a row then have 3 title fights its not as impressive to me as 10+ title fights like Aldo has because those are the fights that really challenge you where it gets tough, where you don’t always have a good day in the office, or the pressure from all the media attention is too much, the quality of opponents is always the highest, the next generation comes up and you have to hold them off like he did tonight etc… but only 3 times in that position is way overrated by some fans.

Legendary performance from the young old man Aldo tonight.

53 Likes

8 Likes

khabib might be the most skilled fighter to ever step into the octagon. he is also the biggest let down. he is a quitter, pure and simple. not like the barry bonds guy when it comes time to score an important fight right, but even a worse kind of quitter jaja…

5 Likes

4 Likes

Aldo was fighting top level guys going all the way back to Wec. Like cub uriah and Mike brown. He fought killers his entire ufc run. Khabib fought a few janitors on his way up the rankings

25 Likes

Not even debatable

Aldo has fought top competition (top 10) for 10+ years

Khabib fought top competition for 3 fights before he ran away

20 Likes

Agreed

4 Likes

I also think Khabib would have a hard time taking him down

2 Likes

Aldo is awesome. All time I rank him WAY above kabibi

6 Likes

Khabib went 29-0 without ever getting scratched

Aldo folded against Conor, Yan, Holloway… basically any time he met elite opposition.

Conor might not have been elite but being a weight bully at FW he had a huge advantage.

1 Like

Welcome to our community!

Now stfu you gay faggot

36 Likes

Yeah really convinced he could stuff Khabib after Font took him down

Conor is the greatest FW of all time.

2 Likes

Yeah I am. 100% but for clarity I’m talking peak Aldo when he struggled to make 145, remember those days? Also, I think he’d be able to stuff Kahbib for first 3 rounds until he started to gas. But then again I suspect Kabhib would gas after 3 also

4 Likes

haha yeah welcome to the community. you’re a real asshole, you know that?

3 Likes

Just my 2 cents but Aldo has a claim to GOAT if he gets the belt dealing with defeat and a new weight class.

Certainly deserves respect for his work ethic when he could have walked away.

3 Likes

GIF by Rick James

3 Likes

It’s between GSP & Aldo for me and I really don’t see an argument for anyone else. What Aldo has done and who he’s beaten since losing to McGregor, and with the miles on his clock, is nothing short of incredible

5 Likes