Jose Aldo is too much for Colin MacGruber

I live that this fight is happening right now rather than later because I enjoy both fighters. I think Aldo will take a one sided decision victory here and leg kicks will be the deciding factor along with overall superior octagon generalship for Jose Aldo against Colin MacGruber. Phone Post 3.0

I predict Aldo will rear naked choke him. Don't think Conor can match him on the ground and Aldo will prefer it there.

Honestly, I think Aldo would be capable of beating him standing Phone Post 3.0

I think leg kicks are the most overrated part of Aldo's game, especially coming against a southpaw with a guy who moves so well.

ReWatch the KFlo fight, IMO Florian laid out a nice blueprint to beat Aldo, and I think Conor can do it.

Also Conor checks kicks extremely well, even finished a guy with a leg check before Weidman made it cool ;)

Jose still a -140 favorite on Bovada.....

This could be an amazing 5 round war. I thought DP would end the hype. And I thought Siver was ridiculously discounted...

I'm not picking a winner in this one.

Conor is going to cause a lot of wannabes here to commit suicide.

It's hilarious someone actually thinks Aldo's legkicks are overrated. I guess you must revisit the Faber fight if you think that. Phone Post 3.0

Hunter Thompson's .45 - 
potato623 - I think leg kicks are the most overrated part of Aldo's game, especially coming against a southpaw with a guy who moves so well.

ReWatch the KFlo fight, IMO Florian laid out a nice blueprint to beat Aldo, and I think Conor can do it.

Also Conor checks kicks extremely well, even finished a guy with a leg check before Weidman made it cool ;)
Potato is a perfect screen name for the analysis you give. Phone Post 3.0

Cool counter-analysis!

Aldo's leg kicks are lethal... in the early rounds, but in 7 UFC fights he's only thrown 14 past Rounds 4 and 5 (6 of them coming against Hominick round 5.)

His cardio isn't great, so he loses the ability to do it in the later portions of rounds.

McGregor also checks well, and being a southpaw he'll be able to move away from the power easier, similar to how Florian did in the early portions of rounds.

Also Conor has a pretty big size advantage, has the reach, is the bigger fighter, and will also have the more powerful body kick from his angle.

I think Aldo will have a tough time, but if there's anybody that can handel disadvantages, it's Jose.

Going to be a good fight

grizzlyedwin - It's hilarious someone actually thinks Aldo's legkicks are overrated. I guess you must revisit the Faber fight if you think that. Phone Post 3.0

I don't mean they're overrated in the sense that they're not good, I'm saying to all the people saying he'll dominate with leg kicks overrate them.

When's the last time he purely one a fight with leg kicks? Faber? I'd say a great showcase of his leg kicks were against Frankie Edgar, but the problem is after the 4th round, he hits a wall, and he completely stops throwing them.

So if this fight goes a full 5, are those leg kicks gonna be there in rounds 4 and 5? No, he's gonna need to do other things, and he does other things MUCH better, hence what I stated.

Mcgregor takes the Aldo fight I think. Think Aldo will stand with him the whole time but Conor will eventually TKO him. Aldo is my favourite active fighter and think he will perform better than Conor against the top 10 division on whole. Against wrestlers etc. mendes beats Conor for example, but for some reason I just think Conor's style of striking and range will best Aldos. I don't mind who wins it, will suck to see either lose. Will just try to enjoy the fight Phone Post 3.0

The Southpaw vs Orthodox matchup here is pretty cool, it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Last time is happened with Aldo was against Florian who only won a round against Jose, but I thought he did a decent job.

The leg kick to a southpaw sets Aldo up for those bread and butter hard hitting deadly accurate straight lefts of McGregors. So far no one has been able to take more then 3 or four of those. If Aldo stands and trades like he has been lately he's going down.

While I favor McGregor in this fight it is highly unlikely this will be one sided either way...

fightcity - The leg kick to a southpaw sets Aldo up for those bread and butter hard hitting deadly accurate straight lefts of McGregors. So far no one has been able to take more then 3 or four of those. If Aldo stands and trades like he has been lately he's going down.

While I favor McGregor in this fight it is highly unlikely this will be one sided either way...

Yeah I agree, but when you say it's highly unlikely the fight is one sided, does that mean you don't see a finish from either fighter?

Hey Hunter, I better explained my comments above, Aldo's leg kicks are outstanding, I just think they're overrated in the sense that he'll 'dominate' a fight with them.

I mean he's capable of it, he just hasn't done it in a while, and the fact that he's stopped throwing them after the 4th round is pretty concerning.

I think Kenny blew the fight, but did great in the early portion. Conor's much better than Kenny I believe, poses a lot more threat, at least at 45 than Kenny.

It's gonna be a good fight, I agree with your points

potato623 - 
fightcity - The leg kick to a southpaw sets Aldo up for those bread and butter hard hitting deadly accurate straight lefts of McGregors. So far no one has been able to take more then 3 or four of those. If Aldo stands and trades like he has been lately he's going down.

Yeah I agree, but when you say it's highly unlikely the fight is one sided, does that mean you don't see a finish from either fighter?

No I think Conor finishes him in the 4th or 5th. But I doubt it will be quick like the rest of his fights. Conor has the lateral movement Aldo does not. However Aldo is very fast and slips punches well at least till he gets tired. I think this will allow him to last longer..

potato623 - Hey Hunter, I better explained my comments above, Aldo's leg kicks are outstanding, I just think they're overrated in the sense that he'll 'dominate' a fight with them.

I mean he's capable of it, he just hasn't done it in a while, and the fact that he's stopped throwing them after the 4th round is pretty concerning.

I think Kenny blew the fight, but did great in the early portion. Conor's much better than Kenny I believe, poses a lot more threat, at least at 45 than Kenny.

It's gonna be a good fight, I agree with your points

I agree I think Kenny could have won but di not follow up like he should have and gave rounds away trying to get it to the ground and when he did get it there Aldo dominated him... I did a thread on it a while back if you want to read more on it.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2412140/Re-watched-Kenflo-vs-Aldo-McGregor-Has-A-Shot