Josh Gross is such an idiot....HDNET

The rules change when you control the legendary best HW of all time.

Chareley Runkle - Lets say the NY Yankees is not part of MLB. MLB wants to sign the Yankees organization into the league but the Yankees want to co-promote MLB by rebranding all the games as MLB-Yankees. Oh, and they want half the value of MLB and half the revenue as co-promoter.

Yeah, makes sense, makes tons of sense.

Fap fap fap.

the yankees get money from mlb for tv rights,at the same time co promote with yes tv

HELWIG -  The rules change when you control the legendary best HW of all time.

Only if you don't have a lick of business sense.

Zuffa is trying to build a dominant sports franchise, the kind of business that has to balance doing the right thing in the short-term versus the long-term health of the company.  Major League Baseball has been around for 100+ years, the NFL & NBA have been around for 50+ years.  Zuffa wants to join that group.  Fedor, for all his greatness, has at most a five year window left as the premier athlete in the sport.  You don't sell out the long-term well-being of a company you want to stick around for generations to come for five years of a great athlete. 

M-1 is asking Zuffa to abandon their long-term plan in order to get a handful of fights out of one athlete.  I understand why they are doing it, they have long-term aspirations of their own, but Zuffa and M-1 are obviously operating at cross purposes.  It's no wonder that they couldn't come to an agreement.  That doesn't make either side evil.  It just means that the two companies have conflicting agendas.  Pretending that one side or the other carries all the blame shows either ignorance or bias.

Gross is actually a good BJJ player. I've heard many pro's tell me he gives them fits.

Steve4192:
Clap, clap, clap.
Well done.

I'd also like to add that, while disapointing to a number of fans, not signing Fedor doesn't jeopordize Zuffa's/UFC's future.
What would jeopordize it is a consistent failure to sign stars/future stars. The thing is sooo huge now that it is no longer dependent on 1 or 2 guys.

No one should fault Josh Gross for stating his opinion - that's why he's an MMA journalist.

I think both sides of this have a good point.

UFC shouldn't have to co-promote because of what they've built.

M-1/Fedor shouldn't have to bend over for UFC & lose their abilities to build their own business & for Fedor to be able to control his own career.

Best thing would be for the UFC to co-promote events that feature Fedor & then the fans would win.

ChokeEmOut - 
Chappie - Gross is one of the few intelligent and intellectually honest reporters out there. He isn't afraid to anger the Zuffa machine by reporting on a story in a manner which is critical of Zuffa's perspective.

Exactly!
yup

Chareley Runkle - Lets say the NY Yankees is not part of MLB. MLB wants to sign the Yankees organization into the league but the Yankees want to co-promote MLB by rebranding all the games as MLB-Yankees. Oh, and they want half the value of MLB and half the revenue as co-promoter.

Yeah, makes sense, makes tons of sense.

Fap fap fap.

bad analogy

MLB is composed of independent teams owned by independent owners.

Besides MLB did promote World baseball classic so the idea of co-promotion with non-MLB players/teams is not a stretch.

Josh is a great guy and has been around the biz for a long time

Chareley Runkle - Lets say the NY Yankees is not part of MLB. MLB wants to sign the Yankees organization into the league but the Yankees want to co-promote MLB by rebranding all the games as MLB-Yankees. Oh, and they want half the value of MLB and half the revenue as co-promoter.

This is the exact opposite of what a good analogy would be.

Gross has been a hack for years.

everyone has there opinion im just saying hes a cool guy

Card -  

Dunno if it's been mentioned yet but Josh Gross has Sokoudjou winning over Mousasi according to last nights Inside MMA

Fedor won't let White rip him off like White does to 99.9% of the fighters out there, good on him.

I hope strikeforce does well, it will be good for UFC to have some competition. And it is pathetic that they are running a free show at the same time just to try and wreck Strikeforce.

He's definitely not model material.

PrideGP is The GAME - Strikeforce is open to a partnership with the UFC

M-1 is open to a partnership with the UFC

Fedor says he wants to fight Brock Lesnar

Dana White wants nothing to do with M-1

lol, yes, and I'm "open" to receiving a 1.3 million dollar paycheck to act in Martin Scorsese's next movie. I'm open to the partnership, I don't know what Marty's problem is, ball's in his court now.

wow, how good-natured and reasonable of M-1 and Strikeforce. they're willing to put ego's aside and do biz with the UFC, a small fish promotion, all for the love of the sport.

on a side-note, I enjoy looking forward to fight nights of different promotions. sure brett rogers is not the ideal fight for fedor, but fedor/rogers, mayhem/shields, sokoudjou/mousasi, and werdum/bigfoot all for free on CBS is not bad at all. that's pret-ty, pret-ty, pret-ty good. thankfully my friend has directv and I can watch it live at 6 on cbs east.

^^

I hope Strikeforce does well too. They put on some good shows that I don't have to stay up to 4AM to watch on a shitty stream.... but...

"Fedor won't let White rip him off like White does to 99.9% of the fighters out there, good on him."

Who is paying the fighters more than the UFC? Affliction did for a while and just imploded after 2 shows. All this crap about ripping all the fighters off, but the other promotions really aren't paying more. Is Strikeforce ripping fighters off when they aren't paying more they have to? I think it's been reported that Fedor himself would have made more money with the UFC. It's less about money than Fedor's other stipulations.

"And it is pathetic that they are running a free show at the same time just to try and wreck Strikeforce."

Uh.. this is competition? All this moaning about the UFC needing competition... when the UFC tries to compete back, it's evil and pathetic. Strikeforce and Coker aren't here to make internet poster SeanReed happy. They are trying to make some money and take market share away from the UFC. The UFC is responding with their free show like they should to protect their brand. The fans win. Just watch Strikeforce and record the other show you twerp.

Man... every one of these threads turns into UFC bashing fests with all the same people and all the double standards. I'm expecting CaseyAffleckfan, smoogy, and MX to pop up any moment now. Just watch the free show tonight you little bitches.

Thank you Strikeforce for the great show. Thank you UFC for some great shows in the past and this rerun I'm going to Tivo.

I think Gross is probably the most intelligent mma reporter out there right now, but I do not agree with him on this subject.

The reason for Fedor not being in the UFC is not because of Dana. He is not in the UFC because of his management. There is no reason, even for the best HW on the planet, that the UFC should EVER co-promote. They have built there brand through hard work over the last 5 years, and to co-promote would only give M-1 some coattails to ride on for a short period of time. It makes no business sense at all, and the UFC is a BUSINESS.

I don't always agree with Dana and his decisions, but this one is pretty cut and dry in my opinion.

Gross is hardly one of the most intelligent reporters out there. That statement alone showed a complete lack of understanding of what he covers.