Josh Haynes Question/Fight Discuss

Max,
The Shonie Carter fight was irritating. I made some huge first time mistakes that cost me that fight. It was my first fight at 205 and I over cut a lot. I weighed in at 196lbs for that fight and I was flat the next day. In truth I was fighting his name and not the person. I made the classic mistake of giving him too much respect. I felt that I couldn't submit him at all (lame) so I didn't try. My game plan was to knock him out or take it to the judges score card. Really bad plan that one. Shonie is good at what he does but if we were to fight again I would destroy him. I should have done it the first time. If things work out I will get another fight with him in the future. I don't think I will but I would take it. I would love to make that my first fight at 170lbs.

I'm not going to make a lot of excuses because the fact of the matter is I made some mistakes and he won the fight. I give him that respect. He did throw the infamous back fist but it didn't come anywhere close to me. I was waiting for it.

Later
BTP

NoFuture23,

Tito was a very good coach. He developed a good strategy for training his guys. He had out best interests in mind and he developed a great support staff. Personally I give Saul Solis most of the credit for the improvements I made on the show. He was a great coach and I responded very well to his training methods. It was great working with Tito, Dean and Saul. Each of them played a huge role in my improvements.

Later,
BTP

Josh any particular fighter you're eager to take on at 170?

Josh,
How long was the taping of the show? I think it was published that the taping took 6 weeks, yet there are 12 episodes. Did you guys have two fights a week, one fight per weight class?

If that's the case, it seems like the first eight guys who fought could not really get enough training with the TUF coaches to make a difference in their game.

170? 170?!?! Holy crap man, skipping right over 185?

Anyway, congrats, I was pulling for you all the way. And it was an exciting fight! I had it even with you winning the first and Tait the 2nd, but I think the deciding factor in the judge's eyes was that your hurt Tait in both rounds, dropping him with the punch in the 2nd. Can't wait for the next one!

Josh, I have to say that you going through what you did with your son is
legendary.

i have a son and know that if anything happened to him like what
happened to your boy, i'd eat a bullet.

he will be proud if he ever watches the episode from tonight.

best of luck to you and him in the future.

I've got a 2 year old son, and the story about what your son went through really choked me up. Best of luck to him and you.

Congrats to you Josh. It was a very close fight and since I liked both fighters, I hated to see someone lose.

TTT

i saw josh fight at heavyweight! good stuff! glad youre coming down to 170!

good luck!

Josh, Good luck bro! HUGE heart! Great skill! You'll be a force with the proper conditioning!!!