Judo instructionals

I just took my first formal Judo class tonight and I was hoping that someone could give me some suggestions on what some excellent Judo instructionals I could acquire might be.

So far what is available to me is the Mastering Judo series and Neil Adams’ Judo Excellence. There are a bunch of others but just curious what would be good for a beginner with 12 years of BJJ to boot.

Check out the welcome mat youtube channel.

Cheers de braco

Judo Masterclass Techniques, 12 books in all.  Kodokan Judo by Jigoro Kano, The Canon of Judo by Kyuzo Mifune.  The class would be the best source of teaching you the gripping, off balancing, foot/body/arm(s) movement to each throw.  On YouTube there are so many videos to demonstrate any technique of judo out there.  

judoblackbelt years ago I got the Tomoe Nage and Pick Up book cheap and they still have good ideas.  Too bad they were not updated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfOibOaALpk

There are many fine points for each throw.  The Japanese go into great detail on the intracacies of each throw.  Same for pins to make them stronger and able to transition.  Us "mortals" have to continously practice to get the finer points. Purpose is when we are in competition it happens from muscle memory.  

Very true,

I am near the point where I want to start giving away my judo books and DVD's from seminars over the 21 years I practived judo.  

judoblackbelt - 

I am near the point where I want to start giving away my judo books and DVD's from seminars over the 21 years I practived judo.  

Feel free to pass them along to me. I am only starting my journey with Judo.

Some people don't like him. I did two seminars with that guy years ago when I was at another dojo. 

I have never heard of him in judo circles.  Watching his video it reminds me of the 2 Russians I trained with for many years.  Power judo/sambo from unorthodix gripping that is not classical judo.  

judoblackbelt - 

Let me know! I thought this year would be my big push after training in Japan and then a big neck injury :frowning:

Just watching and reading everything I can get my hands on about judo.