Judo tournaments for beginners in PA?

I was wondering if anyone knows of any Judo tournaments in or around PA anytime soon. I'm new to Judo and not sure where to look or what websites to hit for this kind of thing. Thanks in advance!

Go to the website www.pajudo.com. There are tournament postings, clubs, contacts to answer your questions. I do see tournaments July 10 and July 25 posted.

Terrific! Thanks for the help!

keystone state games July 26th in York PA small tourney good for beginners.

Liberty bell Runs a small developmental tournament every year

all tourneys that are local will have novice divisions. read the rules carefully!

JoshuaResnick - all tourneys that are local will have novice divisions. read the rules carefully!

Thanks for the tip! Will do.

At local tournamnets a lot depends on who shows up. Usually there are enough white belts. At our local tournaments we will sometimes group white-green together, sometimes we have to add blue. Not my idea and sometimes unfair to white belts. We try our best to group weights light, medium and heavy for white- green and blue belts. My point is it is dependent on who shows up.

judoblackbelt - At local tournamnets a lot depends on who shows up. Usually there are enough white belts. At our local tournaments we will sometimes group white-green together, sometimes we have to add blue. Not my idea and sometimes unfair to white belts. We try our best to group weights light, medium and heavy for white- green and blue belts. My point is it is dependent on who shows up.

Are you in PA? I'm in Philly and don't really know how deep the pool is of local lower belts.

I am in Michigan, that is why you need to make contact with local judo clubs to get your particular questions answered. South Hills is a very good competitive club. I have talked to S.H. sensei's Ricky Brown and Phil Farbaugh who have fought in Michigan and have brought fighters to some of our competitions. Both are National level competitors.