Julio Cesar Chavez fights 2morrow

In boxing Chavez is taking on Randell tomorrow night. I believe Chavez has well over 100 wins in boxing. I'm gonna go with him by decision. Your pick?

What, I thought he was retired? I'll think he was a great fighter, but he's past his prime.

Yeah its suprising he's still fighting despite his age. But its true, slated for tomorrow night.

I'll be rooting for him, is this going to be on HBO?

I think it's Frankie Randall he's going against, so it's the third time they're fighting one another. This rubber match should have been made years ago after their second fight.

Both are washed up now, doubt many care about the fight. I hear Chavez is still fighting due to financial problems, which is a common occurrence in the boxing world. Former great champion blows all his money away and fights during the twilight of his career for chump change, and risking his health in the process.

Not really a rubber Match. Randall whipped him in both matches. Chavez was given a gift in the second match.

he was somthing like 93 wins and 0 losses (just guessing) when he suffered his first loss to Randall. Chavez is up there in years however, and its time he retired

I'm one of the few who thinks Chavez did OK in the 2nd match. It was a bullshit call by the referee to stop the match, but Chavez wasn't getting beaten down like everyone suggests. It was a close fight in my opinion.

I think people were misled by Chavez's tactics in the fight. He was using defensive movements to try to avoid punches, rather than going forward like he usually did. Because no one was used to seeing him going backwards, they just assumed he was getting beat up because apparently no one could fathom Chavez using those tactics.

"he was somthing like 93 wins and 0 losses (just guessing) when he suffered his first loss to Randall. Chavez is up there in years however, and its time he retired"

He had one dq loss prior to the first Randall fight. That's damn impressive.

agreed very impressive record!

You know fightnews will be all over it.

Chavez was was past his prime after his 78-0 start.He got drunked up and dugged up dont forget all the ladies.Chavez at age 27 would own any fighter in his weight class anywhere from 134 to 144 at that age though.I wonder why he dont get recognition in any greatest fighter poll.His body attack was just sick.He would never stop coming sick ass fighter my idol.

The last thing to go is the power.

lol, wtf?

Ask Aaron Pryor or Macho Camacho about the power.

It's still there.

I was at the MGM for the rematch. Frankie was beating him just as bad as the first fight.

Chavez wins.

That makes him 106-5-2 with 26 successful title defenses.

Hall of Fame is callin'

"From: GROUNDCONTROL
Date: 05/22/04 03:14 AM
I was at the MGM for the rematch. Frankie was beating him just as bad as the first fight."

I don't care where you were, it wasn't a one-sided fight like you indicate. It was a close match, but Randall should have eeked out the technical decision when the fight was unrightfully stopped.

JCC was my favorite fighter ever. In his prime he was the best. It was very difficult to watch him fight in his last couple of fights. Hopefully he wiil retire for good.