Just a note about R5, re 10-8

lockon -
carcaju -
BuddyRevell - 
HunchyRedux - 
lockon -
HunchyRedux -
The Kangaroo -

A near finish should score every bit as much as a knockdown would in boxing. If a near finish is NOT a 10-8, then what is?

Shit fight. Wonderbread won more wons, Woodley won the fight. Never entertain the idea of a trilogy.

Under the old system, a 10-8 isn't defined by fight ending moments. It is defined by clear and dominant control over the course of the round. 22 seconds of dominance is not the course of the round.

Can you give me a source for the "over the course of the round" part?

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/1/2/14142858/2017-unified-rules-10-8-judging-criteria-explained-hinds-bell-mma-interview

2012 Criteria for 10-8 Rounds

A round is to be scored as a 10-8 Round when a contestant wins by a large margin, by effective striking and or effective grappling that have great impact on the opponent.

That pretty much ends your argument right there.

Yeah, I'm not sure where the "over the course of a round" thing came from but I don't see it there.

It's how I learned it. Granted it does not say that. But my instructor worded it as such. 

It's how I learned it. Granted it does not say that. But my instructor worded it as such. 

Oh, well that settles that. 

For anyone saying that R5 was a 10-8, what would you score R1 of Elkins-Bektic? Because that was a 10-8. You telling me that they're the same? 

Milford Cubicle - 

lol, keep crying over your bullshit racism claims, and I thought the libs were the pussies.

I couldn't care less what a 10-8 Round is defined as in the rule book, if you can, with a straight face, tell me that Round 5 should be scored the same as Rounds 1-4, you're a fucking idiot.

So then by what you say, this round 5 10-8 is the same as the Edgar/Maynard round 1 which was a 10-8? THAT was a near finish.

The replay on this shows WB got rocked, but was up and swinging back on solid feet seconds later. Big John, like all refs, have to step in close to see if the fighter is out so they can stop it in time. It doesn't mean he "almost stopped it".

HunchyRedux -

For anyone saying that R5 was a 10-8, what would you score R1 of Elkins-Bektic? Because that was a 10-8. You telling me that they're the same? 

I didn't watch that fight, but 10-7s are also possible.

lockon - 
HunchyRedux -

I didn't watch that fight, but 10-7s are also possible.

Clearly a 10-7

Odd. The 10-8 was just called unacceptable by the executive director of the NAC. Weird. It's like I was right or something...

HunchyRedux - Odd. The 10-8 was just called unacceptable by the executive director of the NAC. Weird. It's like I was right or something...

NSAC agrees with you? You are clearly in the wrong. WTF do they know about judging?

HunchyRedux - Odd. The 10-8 was just called unacceptable by the executive director of the NAC. Weird. It's like I was right or something...

Is Bob Bennett some authority on the 10-point must system? If a director of another athletic commission disagreed, would that make you wrong?

He also managed to allude to judges being incompetent if they ever score a round 10-10 before backpedaling after being asked to clarify his stance on that whole thing. He's not a lot better than Kizer.

^^^Lets give him a pass for tonight, he is clearly drunk. If Hunchy still feels this way in the morning then he's a complete moron.

If the rest of those rounds were 10-9 than round 5 definitely warrants a 10-8

Thats fucking obsense. So you are telling me rounds 1 and 5 should be scored the same. That is fucking ludicrous