Just fu***ng wow at Buchecha v Xande @ ADCC

BuddyRevell - 

Xande did an awesome job considering the difference in size and athleticism. Buchecha is a monster. Great match!

yup....such is the way with tournaments. Sometimes you can't just a single match in isolation b/c you have no idea what that person just went through to get there. Not taking anything away from pena there. Just saying that in this format it's tough to look at head to head and say X>Y without that consideration.

Jesus, that was an intense match. 

The size and strength disparity is ridiculous 

TakinAllFades -
JohnJamesUrgayle -

Can someone explain the adcc scoring? Not long into that clip Buchecha gets a take down (maybe could argue Xande jumps guard when he knows he is being taken down) and proceeds to establish full mount where he threatens head and arm choke - how does that score zero points? Xande has clear takedown later - no points.  The only points I see is when Buchecha takes his back.  Was watching a different clip - maybe Tonon or Ryan and there was clear side control with no points.  Wtf is up - how do you score.  

first 5 minutes is no points, after the 5 minute mark they yell points. also after the 5 minute mark pulling guard is a negative point. finals are also different scoring. all kind of confusing but if u follow addcc then youve been used to it.

one thing about this year is they did make it a lot harder for them to actually score a take down by having to put the opponents back on the mat for 3 seconds which caused the opponent to turn or turtle so we didnt even really see many take down points.

the point system is frustrating actually. somethings i like but most i dont. over times are usually wrestling matches cuz they stand them up and no one wants to pull guard.

The scoring has always been that way for takedowns and reversals. This is one of the main reasons why Arona was never scored on way back in ADCC 2000-2001. He always turned to his knees and scrambled back to his feet.

The rule that got annoying in recent years was for the final match - the minus point for pulling guard from the start (even with “no points”) would result in a minus point. That I don’t get. Why change the rules for the finals?

ADCC rules aren't perfect but the result is a lot more interesting to watch than say IBJJF rules competitions. 

rbl -

ADCC rules aren't perfect but the result is a lot more interesting to watch than say IBJJF rules competitions. 

I agree. And this year they gave more minus points for stalling which was good.

But the worst is when you have 2 bjj guys who don’t know how to wrestle trying to battle it out on their feet for 20 Minutes.

UltimateKeyboardWarrior - 

Is that Laimon screaming throughout the match?

Lovato

Awesome match! Thank you for sharing.

BuddyRevell -

Xande did an awesome job considering the difference in size and athleticism. Buchecha is a monster. Great match!

Buchecha also broke his hand in hif finals match he won with Orlando Sanches. Monstro!

Keep hoping Buchecha will try his hand at MMA

My god this Xande. Despite not medalling, his whole weekend was awesome and inspiring.

Caladan - My god this Xande. Despite not medalling, his whole weekend was awesome and inspiring.

didn't he win the 88kg bronze? Armbarring Chsiev was a thing to behold.

Later

Caladan - My god this Xande. Despite not medalling, his whole weekend was awesome and inspiring.

I havent't watched the Gordon Ryan macth yet but here's the link. People were saying he could have got the nod. https://vimeo.com/235690406

blabbermouth -

didn't he win the 88kg bronze? Armbarring Chsiev was a thing to behold.

You're right he did. IDK what I was thinking.

2 questions.

how did he survive the head and arm choke there? 

How terrible would it be to get body triangled by buchecha?

Jake95 -

I havent't watched the Gordon Ryan macth yet but here's the link. People were saying he could have got the nod. https://vimeo.com/235690406

He had much better takedown attempts in OT but regulation Gordon pushed the action imo. Dunno which is favoured

ttt

Felipe Preguiça vs Marcus Buchecha - ADCC 2017

UltimateKeyboardWarrior -

Is that Laimon screaming throughout the match?

Rafael Lovato jr.

RenatoCocopreta -
Hey Beer Man - 

Thanks.  How come the stands are empty?

No clue, its not like the greatness of the matchup was a surprise to anyone.

It’s because it’s bjj