Just rewatched Kid vs. Warren.

I just rewatched Kid vs. Joe Warren. Let me start off by saying, Warren did a phenomenal job for his SECOND MMA fight. That being said, I don't see how so many see it as a win for Joe. Kid clearly won IMO.

Kid had hard counters, great legkicks, and showed great body work. Joe had some very nice knees/uppercuts when clinched and obviously showed good takedowns, but wasn't nearly as effective. I'm sorry, TAKEDOWN =/= WIN. You have to mount some sort of offensive on the ground. For the most part, Kid completely neutralized Joe's G&P(he did land one real nice shot in the first round that gave Kid a nice cut). Not to mention Warren didn't even attempt to pass guard until the last seconds of the fight.

I don't mean this in any way to knock Warren. I think he has massive potential. However, he clearly lost this fight.

Kid won the striking but Joe wanted to take him down and that's what he did, plus Kid did nothing impressive on the ground.

I agree with the entire OP

upon my second viewing it was closer than i remembered but i stil think warren won

Was a close fight for sure.  I had it for kid but Warren made me a believer.

I kinda thought kid won but I would have given it to Warren. Kid needed to do more to fight his fight. He got the easy fight and blew it.

great fight to watch, I thought Warren edged out the fight

was that baseline as far Kid's ground game goes? if so i think the dude is way overrated....
not sayin the dude isnt a great fighter or anything but I cant see the whole "hold and hope" thing working against top 5 fighters these days.

Joe Warren is an animal!

Great fight.

No, Warren won the fight. Kid may have landed a handful of shots (that apparently did nothing) but Warren dictated the pace of the fight, where it took place and did damage of his own.

Just the fact that Joe got the decision in the city of Japan over arguably the most popular fighter on the card makes it exceedingly obvious he must have won.

I agree that Warren obviously wanted it to get to the ground, and got it there(effectively dictating the fight). However, when he got there he did very little.

I'm not saying it was a blowout or anything, but it was still a clear victory for Kid. You can't just take a guy down and hope he doesn't get up. You have to do something.

Oh and LOL @ the guy who said Kid's shots "apparently did nothing". You've obviously never taken a kick from a good kickboxer, let alone a dozen from a K-1 fighter.

JIMMYNAKS - Joe Warren is an animal!

Great fight.

I can't wait to see him in a couple years!

Kid was cut because of a headbutt that Warren landed while slamming him in his guard. The only offense that I saw from Warren was takedowns (which he didn't capitalize on, like: advancing position, attempting submissions, effective ground and pound) and the few moments of clinch striking (the knees stand out). HOWEVER, Kid cut him standing up with a looping right hand (legally mind you) and beat him up with kicks to the legs and brutal shots to the liver. Remember, the colorful commentators said during the broadcast the Japanese judges do not praise a fighter's takedowns unless they capitalize on them. They just didnt notice that the capitalization Warren "achieved" was a cut due to an illegal headbutt. Kid should have won that fight.

Pugilist82 - I agree that Warren obviously wanted it to get to the ground, and got it there(effectively dictating the fight). However, when he got there he did very little.

I'm not saying it was a blowout or anything, but it was still a clear victory for Kid. You can't just take a guy down and hope he doesn't get up. You have to do something.

Oh and LOL @ the guy who said Kid's shots "apparently did nothing". You've obviously never taken a kick from a good kickboxer, let alone a dozen from a K-1 fighter.

WTF are you talking about? Warren ate everything Kid threw at him and kept coming forward and kept taking him down without being noticeably injured (minus one good cut) or slowed , this is why I said the shots did nothing.

You Japophile fanboys are hilarious, I'm surprised you took time away from your pokemon and manga to make this ridiculous thread.

I thought Warren literally and figuratively grinded out the decision by the narrowest of margins.

Just tooooo long of a lay-off due to two severe injuries for Kid.

Even so the Fight begged to have a OT Round!

wasnt kid coming off like a 15month layoff? coming off a fucked up knee injury? Man i wouldnt say he sucked balls.

Shit even Tiger woods coming of an injury got mopped up... its going to take another fight for Kid to get back in his groove... assuming he can

I would like for Kid to improve his ground game, he should go train with someone like Aoki or Satoru.

Stevia Austin - Heres a tampon for your bloody japophiliac vagina. Kid sucked balls. End of Story.

What are you like 12? This place is for grown-ups go back to Sherdog you Shit Bird!

homegrowncone - 
Pugilist82 - I agree that Warren obviously wanted it to get to the ground, and got it there(effectively dictating the fight). However, when he got there he did very little.

WTF are you talking about? Warren ate everything Kid threw at him and kept coming forward and kept taking him down without being noticeably injured (minus one good cut) or slowed , this is why I said the shots did nothing.

You Japophile fanboys are hilarious, I'm surprised you took time away from your pokemon and manga to make this ridiculous thread.

LOL, I'm a white American. I have much more in common with Warren than I ever will with Kid. I'm saying Kid won because... well he did. I don't see how these Lay n' Pray styles win decisions.

Warren has the potential to be great, but taking someone down and sitting in their guard isn't accomplishing a thing.

As for those shots not doing anything, even light shots will accumulate. I was going to ask if you've ever been in a ring/mat of any type, shit have you ever even trained? Warren fought through it b/c he has tons of heart and will, not b/c Kid's shots were ineffective. Take a few hard legs kicks and body shots and then come back and tell me how ineffective they are.

thought kid won too