Just saw Redbelt trailer on G4

Dont know if anyone has seen it but it actually looks really good. Bluenamer pls help..http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1012804/trailers-screenplay-vi1350762777

True. Horrible movie & I'm a huge Mamet fan.

Repost.

ninjaboy562 - Dont know if anyway seen it but it actually looks really good. Bluenamer pls help..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1012804/trailers-screenplay-vi1350762777

Hi Mr. Mamet.

Your movie is an embarassment to MMA, movie making and the world in general.

Your pal,

Fabes

I can't believe this is the same guy who wrote Glengarry Glenross, the Untouchables and the Spanish Prisoner.

I know man. I fucking love Glengarry Glenross.

Mamet has hit the wall.

Mamet needs Alec Baldwin to verbally bitchslap him after making this one.

LOL

You won't be for long fren!

Fabes compared the the MMA version of fast and furious, Redbelt looks way better. Seeing John Machado and Randy in a Martial arts movie keeps me optimistic.

The premise is ridiculous, but that doesn't mean it will be a shit movie.  It looked to be OK, as long as you don't take it seriously.

" Seeing John Machado and Randy in a Martial arts movie keeps me optimistic."

Others would jump down your throat for that comment, but since I trained under John for a short while, I won't.

"Others would jump down your throat for that comment, but since I trained under John for a short while, I won't."

^^ Why would people need to jump down my throat? I will always watch any movie role Randy would do, even if the acting was bad. My whole point was just that involving Randy and a great BJJ Coach like John Machado keeps me optimistic about seeing it.

I'm a huge Mamet fan (even saw his play, Speed the Plow), but my friend who saw this said there was VERY LITTLE fighting and pretty bad movie-of-the-week plot.

"I can't believe this is the same guy who wrote Glengarry Glenross, the Untouchables and the Spanish Prisoner."

LOL, why not? All those movies suck in various ways, you're just only able to realize it in this case (Redbelt) because you see his hack writing in a more familiar "MMA" setting.

Face it, you and Fabes think Al Pacino overacting wildly (again) and Alec Baldwin saying "YOU SEE THIS WATCH?!" are elements of a good movie, and they definitely aren't. ;)

Never Back Down 2: the Thirtysomething Years

Mike, I liked Glengary Glenross because of the acting and dialogue. Its not my favorite movie of all time.

The Untouchables, however, is one of my all time favorites. I've never heard someone say that was a bad movie.

Glengary Glenross is an excellent movie.

Sounds like Mike Sanders is paying off a mortgage on some swampland in Florida.

LOL@the internet speak 'n' spells who dance to the tune of movie critics and college film theory textbooks! Wow, Pacino is overacting again and Baldwin is pointing to his WATCH! That Mamet is a genius.

Face it: "Redbelt" is the same incredibly trite series of typical Mamet clichés and speechwank dressed up in tight MMA shorts. Mamet is a "tweed patches"-type drama teaching moron and loser who sits around trying to think up tough guy talk all day.

Hey, that sounds not unlike CERTAIN members of the UG, including SOME who MAY have posted on this thread already. :P

You keep mentioning Pacino & Baldwin - whose performances were outrageously good mind you - but the real focal point of the movie was Sheldon "The Machine" Levine.

His acting was off the charts.I'm not sure you got the movie, but that's okay. We all lack in some areas.

LOL! Oh yeah, not liking any of Mamet's shitty projects is due to not understanding them. Bwahahahaha!

You sound like someone on the IMDB board for any of a thousand laughably overrated movies, chastising the few people who bother to click on your threads about how they "just don't understand" anything they choose to criticize. Wow, what a sophisticated form of argument!

Seriously, a further million LOLs at Pacino's performance being "outrageously good" in that shitty movie. Yeah Al, try opening your eyes a little further, that's really emphatic! Hoo-ah!!!

You know what's really outrageous? The beating that I would give you even under even David Mamet's silly and unrealistic "tied hands" rules, my friend. ;)

Oh well, at least you could try insisting that I "didn't understand" afterwards, in between screams of "HE POPPED THE CAPSULE!!" while an embarrassed Machine May equivalent of your choice dragged you off the mats/out of the TIED HANDS(!) arena.