K-1 MAX 2012 Final 8.

Flew to Greece to catch the event with my wife. The production value wasn't quite up to par with the usual K-1 MAX events, but the fights were great anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiTgJxOa8ss

sub voted up

Even though he didn't go very far, I was most impressed with Ristie. Tough style, could give anyone in the world a tough fight I think.

vid gone already, ha...where did this take place?

At the Sports Center in Athens Greece this weekend.

Damn, the vid was working just a minute ago!

who are the final 8?

K-1 World MAX 2012 Tournament Final 8

O.A.C.A. Olympic Indoor Hall

Athens, Greece

Dec. 15, 2012

Tournament Reserve Fight: (-70kg)

Xu Yan vs Abraham Roquine

Tournament Quarterfinals: (-70kg)

Mike Zambidis vs Reece McAllister

Murthel Groenhart vs Yasuhiro Kido

Artur Kyshenko vs Chris Ngimbi

Andy Souwer vs Andy Ristie

Super Fight: (-70kg)

Erkan Varol vs Enrico Gogokhiia

Video: K-1 WORLD MAX 2012 (12/15/12)

thanks again PI!

Where's Petrosyan? Buakaw still MIA from intl comp? Sato?

in for later

Anyone know when the next K1 will take place? Phone Post

A lot of the staple K-1 MAX fighters have scattered to other events. Petrosyan to Glory and Buakaw to ThaiFight for example. Since Masato retired, Souwer has kind of had to step up be Mr. K-1 MAX pretty much.

I believe Grohenhart is leaving for Glory, and Souwer said this will probably be his last K-1 MAX tournament. With that said, Kyshenko, Ngimbi, Ristie, McCallister, Zambo, and Roquinhe is still a VERY solid lineup.

subb...  thanks Pro Ice

Wasa-B - thanks again PI!

Where's Petrosyan? Buakaw still MIA from intl comp? Sato?

Petro= Glory

SanshiroSugata - A lot of the staple K-1 MAX fighters have scattered to other events. Petrosyan to Glory and Buakaw to ThaiFight for example. Since Masato retired, Souwer has kind of had to step up be Mr. K-1 MAX pretty much.

I believe Grohenhart is leaving for Glory, and Souwer said this will probably be his last K-1 MAX tournament. With that said, Kyshenko, Ngimbi, Ristie, McCallister, Zambo, and Roquinhe is still a VERY solid lineup.

Is Kraus already retired?

And who else is in Glory for Petro to fight?

I've heard Groenhart is already signed to Glory, so Petro could fight him if Groenhart doesn't move up in weight immediately. That'd be kinda cool to see the newest K-1 MAX champ fight the last one.

My friend Ole Laursen is signed to fight him in March, but I'm not sure if it's under Glory.

Wasa-B -
SanshiroSugata - A lot of the staple K-1 MAX fighters have scattered to other events. Petrosyan to Glory and Buakaw to ThaiFight for example. Since Masato retired, Souwer has kind of had to step up be Mr. K-1 MAX pretty much.

Is Kraus already retired?

He's still fighting I believe. He had to pull out of the glory final 8 because he caught the flu. Phone Post